By Luca Marzo on 2019-04-26 07:48 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.
Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting

Date: April 18, 2019
Time: 17:00 UTC
Total time of meeting: 1 hour 00 minutes

Attendees:

Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall (President), Alexander Metzler (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Jason E Rosenbaum (Treasurer), Djamel Kherbi (Director), Harald Leithner (Director), Jason Nickerson (Director), Hugh Douglas Smith (Director), Jaz Parkyn (Director).

Apologies: -

Proxies: -

Discussion outline

President

  • Good mini sprint with Wilco in London. JCP Sprint organised. Future of JCP mapped out. Meeting with BrandIt to take domains.joomla.org further. Full user-flow review done and fed back to Brandit.

  • i2Coalition onboarding in progress. We have been invited to join the working groups. Will be reaching out to other community members who may have an interest.

  • Would like to consider moving from the vault to 1password for storage of items.  They offer a 25% discount on business to Not for Profits. They offer 20 guest accounts for limited share with business and by looking at current numbers on the vault 15 full accounts accounts would work for us, each user benefits from a free personal account in addition to the business one. Rochen do not maintain this and will throw it back to us to support and maintain moving forwards which is even more burden on an overworked and understaffed workforce.

  • Work on books progressing this year is up to date, but as per Harald’s request in the boardroom earlier will also add more meaningful descriptions to line items so that things are clearer in the ledgers.

  • Will be attending WordCamp EU to meet with Heather Burns and other stakeholders in other CMS’s to start more Cross-CMS initiatives.

  • Meeting with CiviCrm person next week to look at the possibility of using it for 501 and beyond.

  • Started working on updating the financial policy. This will be available for review after the weekend for voting on at the next board meeting.

Treasurer

  • Jason to Schedule time with Rowan to discuss 990 form from Danielle.

  • Jason shared the current outstanding payments from Sponsors.

  • Eyvonne will start as bookkeeper on May 1, 2019.

  • Will find time to discuss D&O Insurance options with Rowan for Joomla Foundation 501

  • Budget forms have gone out to DCs - initial submission returns due 5/2/2019. Thank you.

  • Have time scheduled on my calendar tomorrow morning for Citibank run, to transfer BC2 funds into MMA and also remove prior bookkeeper from banking access.

Production Department

  • Cleaning up Volunteers Portal making progress.

  • Super Sprint is between 3. May and 6. May in Giessen, Germany. We have about 18 people attending for 4 different sprints:

    • Workflow State machine update (Lead Benjamin Trenkle)

    • Review default Parameter for J4 (Lead George Wilson)

    • Backend Template (Lead Nadja Lamisch)

    • Login System experience (Lead Harald Leithner)

  • Joomla 4 Alpha 8 has been released today.

  • Nicola Galgano start work on the JBS as new Team lead

  • Translation team added a new Language (Kazakh) in 3.9.5.

Legal & Finance Department

  • Attempting to get Hosting Directory finished.

  • BrandIT is bringing online more TLD’s and working on a reseller platform for those in our community with stables of domains over 100 domains.

  • Collision attendance Rowan, Robbie Adair and Joe Sonne with aim to raise awareness and find new partners/sponsors for JWC.

  • Rowan will be attending InfoSecurity Europe with the aim of finding new partners.

  • Long meeting with Cloud Access regarding Launch. Looking to improve conversions, waiting for data from CA to analyse further.

Events Department

  • Started to work on budget draft for events, we will discuss it tomorrow in the events department meeting.

  • JWC 19 budget work is under progress.

  • People at RSJoomla are looking into migrating the JUGS/Events helpdesk from Maqma to RsTickets with all data intact. We might lose a couple of tickets made between the backup (Tuesday 16th April and return of export) but those can be migrated manually. RS are working on a local copy of CJO to ensure this can be done and are 90% certain it can be.

Operations Department

  • Started the budgeting process across Operations with a view to having this complete for the next board meeting.

  • Joomla Community Magazine - To allay any fears, this is being revamped as a core Joomla install using Template Overrides. (The original JCM was in K2). There have been some issues with Authors and how to display them which is not possible with core, this has resulted in a small front end component being built to provide this functionality. This has been created by Peter Martin who has arrived at a very elegant solution. The component is only being used to pull data from existing tables, but makes future compatibility a lot easier.

Programs Department

  • Joomla Certification Program have started discussing their budget requests for submission.

  • Work has been continuing on testing the new exam platform.

  • A sprint is being organised by Certification Program to take place in June.

Vice President

  • Alexander proposed to adopt Meetup for Joomla User Groups. Further research will be done in order to check if we can have a Non-Profit discount.

  • Alexander to attend JoomlaDay Netherlands.

Secretary

  • Policy regarding Code of Conduct Breaches has been approved after last meeting. https://www.opensourcematters.org/organisation/directors/policies/278-policy-regarding-coc-breaches.html

  • Elections of the Marketing & Communications Department Coordinator replacement resulted in a tie (one vote per candidate and one abstained). A new vote has been submitted, removing the abstention option from the ballot.

  • We’re going to continue with the 501(c)(3) filings in the next days.

  • New trademark registration notice received. Orientation is to not oppose, given that it’s not similar to one of our registered trademarks.

  • Compliance Team will provide shortly a presentation about the SSO/Identity and Consent Management system in order to raise awareness about the upcoming solution.

Other business

  • The Board discussed about outstanding Code of Conduct breach reports. The newly approved Policy will be applied to these cases.

Motions taken during this meeting

#2019/043  - The Secretary proposes to adjourn the meeting
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Djamel Kherbi.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

Motions taken offline before this meeting

#2019/040 - Approve and publish the Board Meeting Minutes.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Jason Rosenbaum.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

#2019/041 - Approve the Policy Regarding CoC Breaches document and adopt it as official policy.
Proposed by Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall, seconded by Luca Marzo.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.