By Luca Marzo on 2019-06-13 12:57 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.
Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting

Date: June 06, 2019
Time: 17:00 UTC
Total time of meeting: 1 hour 55 minutes

Attendees:

Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall (President), Alexander Metzler (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Jason E Rosenbaum (Treasurer), Djamel Kherbi (Director), Harald Leithner (Director), Rachel Walraven (Director), Jaz Parkyn (Director), Hugh Douglas-Smith (Director).

Apologies:

Jason Nickerson (Director).

Proxies:

Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall served as proxy for Hugh Douglas-Smith for the first 25 minutes.

Discussion outline

President

  • Collision was not what it was advertised on the floor. The actual exhibitors were very local focussed. We did find some leads but we expected to find something like Web Summit with global players, sadly this was not the case.

  • Tried to do reports from quickbooks just now, but some of the connectors are blank screening.  Will get them posted in this folder and notify the board over the next couple of days.

Treasurer

  • Jason shared the outstanding sponsor payments.

  • Jason processed all the reimbursement.

  • Working with Rowan and Luca (in email) and CPA to provide a copy of the 1023 application that was filed, the articles of inc and the ss4 (that is the letter that contains your EIN) for IRS re: exemption status.

  • Worked with CPA to sign the short year 2017 Char500 - Rowan, this is on your plate in email to complete and return at your convenience. Thank you.

  • Will look to apply for state tax exemption re: QBO.

  • Continue researching and reading up on D&O - will find time to discuss options with Rowan for Joomla Foundation 501

  • Jason shared the updated accounts status.

Production Department

  • Joomla! 3.9.7-rc is ready for download.

  • Backend Template is not merged yet. Work in ongoing in the dedicated public repository.

  • Harald shared the restructure of some team within Production.

Marketing & Communications Department

  • Google Ads campaign delayed due to incorrect disapproval from Google.

  • Been busy trying to find my place within the organisation. Getting there.

Events Department

  • Monthly Events Dept meeting, scheduled for tomorrow Friday 7th of June.

Operations Department

  • Hugh shared the first draft of the Webmasters Handbook, to provide a checklist and to document assets involved with any Joomla.org website.

  • Nicky Veitch has had to step down as the Editor and leader of the JCM owing to personal commitments. Hugh wanted to take this opportunity of thanking Nicky for the huge amount of effort she has put in over the last 6 months in bringing the JCM team together and planning the new site. There is still a lot of work to do and I am looking for volunteers to take over what she and the team have started. A new role has been posted to the volunteer portal for a ‘New JCM Project Manager’

  • JED4 Sprint provisionally booked for Friday 2nd through Sunday 4th August, expected to be 6 attendees. This will be provisioned from and paid for through current year budget.

Programs Department

  • Team meeting took place on 4th June: https://volunteers.joomla.org/departments/programs/reports/1023-programs-department-meeting-4th-june-2019

  • JCP - testing is going well on the new exam platform, and will be continued at their sprint this weekend.

  • JCP - the 'Did You Know' campaign has been launched on social media and will continue over the coming weeks.

  • VET - inactive team members have been removed, and Vikas has been exploring ideas to help kick-start the team again. A number of avenues were discussed during the last department meeting, including reaching out to developer advocates for advice and pointers. When the team has clear objectives, the plan is to recruit more team members and build relationships with other teams in the Joomla ecosystem.

Secretary

  • Increased the number of Data Removal Requests after the JED Security Incident. Webmaster Team has been effective dealing with them.

  • Onboarding of Rachel as new Marketing & Communications Department Coordinator should be completed.

  • About the Meetup discussion, Brian Teeman proposed to adopt ti.to (https://ti.to/home) as platform for JUG meetings instead of Meetup and he offered to liaise with the company for the onboarding eventually. From my research it’s free for free events.

  • I would like to remind all the DCs and Team Leaders to store all resources (both internal and external) keys and accounts, as well as license keys in the Vault and keep them up to date. This would make easier transitions between people and would preserve our properties and assets.

Other business

  • Conflict Resolution Team shared a recommendation on a Code of Conduct Breach Report. The Board discussed the recommendation.

Budget

  • Jason shared the consolidated budget requests from all the budget line owners.

  • The Board discussed each budget line and worked in order to reduce expenses.

Motions taken during this meeting

#2019/054 - Create a new “Joomla Enhancement Development Team” as an official team under Production
Proposed by Harald Leithner, seconded by Luca Marzo.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

#2019/055 - Make “Workflow Project Team” an unofficial team.
Proposed by Harald Leithner, seconded by Luca Marzo.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

#2019/056 - Start a Security Strike Team Bug Bounty Program from 2018/19 Production Budget Surplus
Proposed by Harald Leithner, seconded by Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

#2019/057 - The Secretary proposes to adjourn the meeting.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Djamel Kherbi.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

Motions taken offline before this meeting

#2019/052 - Approve and publish the Board Meeting Minutes.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Harald Leithner.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

#2019/053 - Approve the Joomla Exam Provider Agreement document and adopt it as standard contract for Exam Providers of the Joomla Certification Program.
Proposed by Jaz Parkyn, seconded by Luca Marzo.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.