By Luca Marzo on 2019-12-27 16:08 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.
Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting

Date: December 19, 2019
Time: 18:00 UTC
Total time of meeting: 1 hour 00 minutes

Attendees:

Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall (President), Daniel Dubois (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Brian Mitchell (Treasurer), Djamel Kherbi (Director), Hugh Douglas-Smith (Director), Jaz Parkyn (Director), Eric Lamy (Director).

Apologies:

Harald Leithner (Director), Jason Nickerson (Director).

Proxies:

Daniel Dubois served as long-term proxy for Jason Nickerson.

Discussion outline

President

  • Rowan is working on the organization of the Forum for the Future that will happen in Spain in mid January. Invitation letters are being invited.

  • Saurabh Shah has agreed to head up the Advisory Board.

  • Carrie is starting to work on our signposting and will be picking up leads from the first week of January.

Treasurer

  • PayPal access sorted out.

  • Brian shared the current bank balances.

Production Department

  • Joomla 3.9.14 released.

Marketing & Communications Department

  • Eric got access to all the current sponsorship contracts and partnership agreements.

  • Eric to get access to the newsletter system on community.joomla.org.

  • Eric highlighted the need to proceed with the new nomination system motion.

Events Department

  • Keynote and session for CMS Africa 2020 in Accra, Ghana, aligned and submitted.

  • Due to holidays, the next events department meeting is scheduled for January 3th 2020.

Operations Department

  • Webmasters’ Handbook has had all amendments/suggestions added in and is ready to go out to the wider world.

  • Hugh would like to thank Michael Babker and all the Board members who contributed to the Webmasters’ Handbook for their precious contribution.

Programs Department

  • Certification  and Volunteer Engagement teams have both had meetings this week during which they summarised the past year and have started to put plans into place for the coming year. 

  • In the last department meeting not all team leaders were present, so a summary will be done in January’s meeting.

Vice President

  • Daniel to share an article about the initiative to restart Joomla.

Secretary

  • [Compliance] Cookie Policy for the joomla.org properties is almost ready. It will be published after a final review by the Compliance Team.

  • [Compliance] A new Privacy Policy for the joomla.org properties is in progress.

  • Secretary will work on the annual report during these “holidays” and will be ready in January.

  • [Joomla Foundation] Delaware sent as a request to file 2019 Annual Franchise Tax Report.

  • [Joomla Foundation] An invoice from Harbor Compliance is due on January 31, 27 USD for Filing Fee for Managed Annual Report Service. 

  • [Governance] Motion to all community members will go out in the next few days to approve the new policy for elections.

Other Business

  • JET (Joomla Event Travellers Program) will be activated for the “Forum for the Future” event.

Motions taken during this meeting

#2019/114 - Approve the Webmasters’ Handbook document and adopt it as an official policy of the Corporation.
Proposed by Hugh Douglas-Smith, seconded by Luca Marzo.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

#2019/115 - The Secretary proposes to adjourn the meeting
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Hugh Douglas-Smith.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

Motions taken offline before this meeting

#2019/113 - Approve and publish the Board Meeting Minutes.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Harald Leithner.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.