By Luca Marzo on 2020-09-30 07:45 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.
Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting

Date: September 10, 2020
Time: 17:00 UTC
Total time of meeting: 1 hour 40 minutes

Attendees:

Brian Mitchell (President), Elisa Foltyn (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Marco Dings (Director), Hugh Douglas-Smith (Director), Djamel Kherbi (Director), Jaz Parkyn (Director), Radek Suski (Director).

Apologies:

Eric Lamy (Director)

Proxies:

Radek Suski for Eric Lamy.

Invited Guests:

Justine Ayebale Abunyanga (Elected Vice President), David Opati Aswani (Elected Director), Marianela Quemé Alegre (Elected Director).

Discussion outline

President

  • Bookwork for 2019/2020 tax filing is nearly complete. It should be ready by the September 24 OSM board meeting. OSM bookkeeper will have detailed expense reports available for review by the board. This will include information about what exactly was expensed to each department.

  • Tax filing for 2019/2020 is due September 15. Brian asked our tax accountant to file an extension (this is common practice) to accommodate onboarding our new bookkeeper, to allow for board review of the filing prior to submission, and to allow for the new treasurer to review the filings.

  • Brian had a very good conversation with Carlos Camara Mora last week re: a11y for j4. He recommended that we have one of his team members write an article discussing the focus on and improvements of Accessibility for Joomla 4.

  • Brian will work to reignite the Advisory Board, engaging with the current members.

Treasurer

  •  Brian shared the bank balances as of today.

Production Department

  • Positive feedback and growing participation following the publication of the Joomla 4 minor releases plan. 

  • The Production Department is looking forward to collaborating with VET to find out new volunteers for some specific teams.

  • Basic migration for continuous integration towards Drone completed, thanks to Hannes Papenberg.

  • Discussions are ongoing with marketing on the Joomla focus for the future.

  • Accessibility team article published in the magazine.

Legal & Finance Department

  • Hugh drafted a proposal for a Hosting page/directory sponsorship. The Board reviewed the proposal. Further discussion and decisions on that will be taken at the next meeting.

  • Hugh has been in touch with Carrie Megginson, she is aware of the resolution at the last board meeting and is no longer appointed as closing sponsorship agreements. She wishes us well.

Marketing & Communications Department

  • Marianela reported that there was low progress on the Joomla 4 landing page. Marianela started working on a document to help define this within marketing and will seek help from Production and Operations to get that executed.

  • Teams are working on campaigns that will promote Joomla 4 and Joomla in our social media channels.

Events Department

  • The development of the new Joomla! Users Group directory has started with the help of Wilco, Jaz and Andrea, work is under good progress.

  • First handover meeting with David Aswani elected events DC was held on September 3th, David has access to all the shared folders belonging to the events department, David has been introduced to all the tasks which are under progress under events as well the responsibilities of the Events DC.

Operations Department

  • No major updates since last meeting.

Programs Department

  • [Certification Team] Jeroen has fixed a couple of showstopper bugs in the question management system, meaning that questions can now be added into Shika.

  • [Volunteer Engagement] have been working on finalising their mission and goals.

  • Jaz has been working on a document to define the responsibilities of Department Coordinators, thank you to those who contributed ideas. 

Vice President

  • Elisa welcomed Justine and started the handover process to get her ready for the role.

Secretary

  • [RFPs] The deadline for the Shop and Conflict Handling RFPs has been extended to September 12, 2020.

  • [Elections] The elections of Vice President, Marketing DC and Events DC have been completed. Justine Ayebale Abunyanga has been elected as Vice President, Marianela Queme Alegre has been elected as Marketing & Communications DC, David Opati Aswani has been elected as Events DC. The election of the Treasurer is still ongoing and has 2 candidates.

  • [Endorsements] OSM Board Members should not endorse professionals or companies on behalf of the Project. This can cause unfair reviews and feelings within the community. 

  • [Foundation] There is the need to submit the Annual Report. We would need to have a meeting in which we operate the election of the board of the Foundation and proceed with the input of the information to the incorporation service.

  • [AdSense] The access to the OSM AdSense account has been cleaned up. Legal & Finance DC has access. Treasurer and Secretary are copied on service, administrative and payment email notifications.

Motions taken during this meeting

#2020/119 - Approve the Department Coordinator Responsibilities Policy and adopt it as official corporate Policy
Proposed by Jaz Parkyn, seconded by Luca Marzo.
The motion passed with majority consent and 1 against. Brian Mitchell voted against the motion.

#2020/120 - The Secretary proposes to adjourn the meeting.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Hugh Douglas-Smith.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

Motions taken offline before this meeting

#2020/118 - Approve and publish the Board Meeting Minutes.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Jaz Parkyn.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.