By Luca Marzo on 2020-10-31 14:43 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.
Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting

Date: October 22, 2020
Time: 17:00 UTC
Total time of meeting: 1 hour 35 minutes


Brian Mitchell (President), Justine Ayebale Abunyanga (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Radek Suski (Treasurer), Marco Dings (Director), Hugh Douglas-Smith (Director), David Opati Aswani (Director), Jaz Parkyn (Director), Marianela Queme (Director).





Invited guests:

Wilco Alsemgeest (Assistant to the Operations Department Coordinator).

Discussion outline


  • Radek shared the Bank Balances as of today.

  • Bank Statements are current through the end of September 2020 and are available in drive for board review.

Production Department

  • Production meeting was postponed due to many being unable to attend.

  • Production is testing if all production websites can move to PHP 7.4.

  • We are moving the helpdesk to its official server in the next few days.

  • We have started with the library review

  • Request has been made to move all servers to Cloudlinux 6 which will extend the support to 2024.

  • Created document on landing site in relation to cassiopeia and upcoming template. Has been shared with marketing and needs further sharing and reviewing

Legal & Finance Department

  • Hugh prepared a spreadsheet with last year vs this year sponsorship.

  • Hugh is working on a proposal for a prospect sponsorship.

Marketing & Communications Department

  • Marianela is analyzing the document regarding the Joomla 4 landing page requirements prepared by Marco. A task list needs to be generated from this document.

  • Marketing & VET are working on postcards for volunteers.

Events Department

  • Success of two events JoomlaDay Chicago and PBF - Stats have been made public on the PBF Glip channel and published on Joomla Magazine.

  • Departmental Monthly meeting postponed to next week, due unavailability of some members. 

Operations Department

  • Wilco reported the ongoing improvement of the web infrastructure.

Programs Department

  • Uphold wallet account is now live. Jaz will complete the rest of the setup for Brave shortly once access has been received.

  • Last department meeting took place on 13th October - Programs Department Meeting - 13th October 2020 - Programs

  • Jaz attended a meeting with JCP and TechJoomla to review a bug with language strings and translation that is preventing them from testing the platform. TechJoomla have said that they will be working on a fix in the coming weeks. Thanks to Marco for attending the meeting. 

Vice President

  • Justine shared her review of the global PBF event.


  • [Elections] The replacement election for the Operations DC role is in progress and in the voting phase. Results are expected for October 26.

  • [PBF2020] The Global Gold Sponsor agreement has been signed right before the event. The invoice should be sent to the sponsor to collect the payment.

  • [Reports] Missing quarterly reports from: President, Vice President (former), Production DC, Operations DC (former), Marketing DC (former), Events DC (former). Current members are encouraged to chase their predecessors.

  • [Shop RFP] Luca requested the Board to review the questions on the document prior to sending those to the vendor and try to move ahead with this RFP.

  • [Conflict Handling RFP] Based on the costs of the proposals that we’ve received, it could be opportune to withdraw the RFP for now as we didn’t allocate enough budget to such a “chapter”.

  • [Onboarding] Reminder to new Board Members to complete the Conflict of Interest Disclosure form according to the COI disclosure policy. 


  • Brian would like to thank all the volunteers involved in JoomlaDay Chicago and the global Pizza, Bugs & Fun events.

  • Brian asked the Board members to comment on the Communication Consultation Project.

  • Brian confirmed with Accounting that all filings are on extension and in order

  • Brian, Marianela and Hugh to have a meeting with BrandIT tomorrow.

Other business

  • Hugh reminded Board Members that it is a requirement that this document is updated by each department 24 hours before the meeting. 

Motions taken during this meeting

#2020/127 - Move the meeting to 18.00 UTC to reflect timeshift in Europe.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Jaz Parkyn.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

#2020/128 - Withdraw the Conflict Handling RFP and notify the participants that no vendor was selected.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Jaz Parkyn.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

Proposed by Brian Mitchell, seconded by Luca Marzo.
In favor: Radek Suski, Hugh Douglas-Smith, Marco Dings, Jaz Parkyn, David Opati Aswani, Marianela Queme, Brian Mitchell, Justine Ayebale Obunyanga, Luca Marzo.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

#2020/130 - The Secretary proposes to adjourn the meeting.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Hugh Douglas-Smith.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

Motions taken offline before this meeting

#2020/126 - Approve and publish the Board Meeting Minutes.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Brian Mitchell.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.