By Luca Marzo on 2022-06-02 15:45 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.
Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting

Date: April 07, 2022
Time: 17:00 UTC
Total time of meeting: 55 minutes


Robert Deutz (President), Nicola Galgano (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Benjamin Trenkle (Director), Harald Leithner (Director), Philip Walton (Director).


Radek Suski (Treasurer)


Luca Marzo served as proxy for Radek Suski.

Discussion outline

Production Department

  • Nothing to report, teams are very busy with their work, seeing a high engagement everywhere.

Operation Department

  • Transition from 1Password to BitWarden has been completed.

  • Started the working group for the template.

  • Next operation meeting will be in 2 weeks.

  • Trademark rules review in progress.

Outreach Department

  • Meeting with the Social Media team and new Marketing Team Lead and myself to go through their retirement to other departments.

  • Looking into providing merchandising for JoomlaDay France and other events.

  • Members of the board are requested to be available Friday and Sunday for the OSM booth.

Vice President

  • Nicola chased the closure of an issue on the GitHub tracker.

  • Nicola received a couple of answers from the Advisory Board members. 

  • Nicola conducted the hearing about the recent code of conduct incident, trying to solve it in a friendly way.


  • [Contracts] Mattermost still reviewing the agreement.

  • [Reports] Quarterly reports were due on April 06 (Group 2) and April 10 (Group 1).

  • [AdSense] Received payment from Google Adsense for USD 1959,08. Luca urged the relevant Departments to check the huge amount of invalid clicks collected every month in AdSense.


  • Updated the OSM Site Frontpage so that we promote an up to date Joomla Version.

  • Added a section for the quarterly reports.

  • Made budget sheets for the departments.

  • Planning a flight to NYC for getting access to the bank accounts. Would be 23/5 to NYC and back at 26/5, so I have two full days to figure out the Bank issue.

  • Still trying to get all information for a blog post about the budget’s

  • Updated the Federal Filings page CHAR500 and IRS990 were mixed together.

  • Robert invited the Board Members to review the role descriptions published on the OSM website.

  • Robert suggested replacing Adobe EchoSign because of the limitation of the current plan.

  • Board Members have been added to the GitHub organization dedicated to OSM management with their personal account in addition to their role-based accounts.

Motions taken during this meeting

#2022/038 - The Secretary proposes to adjourn the meeting.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Philip Walton.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

Motions taken offline before this meeting

#2022/037 - Approve and publish the Board Meeting Minutes.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Robert Deutz.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.