By Luca Marzo on 2023-10-30 21:10 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.
Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting

Date: September 21, 2023
Time: 17:00 UTC
Total time of meeting: 1 hour 20 minutes


Crystal Dionysopoulos (President), Nicola Galgano (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Nadja Lamisch (Treasurer), Sigrid Gramlinger (Director), Philip Walton (Director), Harald Leithner (Director).





Discussion outline


  • Nadja shared the bank balances.

  • Nadja received the first projected income estimation from the Extended Security LTS from the vendor.

Production Department

  • The Department had a discussion about the culture and communication on GitHub.

  • There are motions out for new release managers for 5.0, 5.1 and 5.2. Results will be posted.

Crystal Dionysopoulos joined the meeting at 17:20 UTC.

  • Christiane will be assistant to the Production Department Coordinator and support with meeting notes. Thank you!

  • We are looking into an accessibility certificate from an institution in Austria for the Joomla backend. They are internationally accredited by WCAG. We will talk to the auditor/institution and see how much we would need to budget for this.

  • There will be no more Joomla 4.3 release (namely no planned 4.3.5). The next releases are 4.4 and 5.0 planned October 17, 2023.  Beta-2 versions are out. There will be another Beta3 next week. Thank you Olivier Buisard and Shirielle D. Williams for your time and effort as Release Managers for 4.3!

  • Spam on the Docs website. Dieter will need support for legal documents and send out to the community. He needs support for the legal texts.

Sigrid Gramlinger left the meeting at 17:25 UTC

Outreach Department

  • Joomla 4.4 beta 2 and 5.0 beta 2 marketing material sent out.

  • Louise did an epic job of moving all the social media boards onto sheets ready for the demise of Matternost boards.

Operations Department

  • Still some issues with the forum and high load on the database server.

  • Discussions about the future of mediawiki documentation.

Vice President

  • Nicola thanked everyone for the cooperation during his tenure as Vice President, as this was his last meeting in the role. 

  • The Board would like to thank Nicola for his work over the past two years.


  • No major updates since the last meeting.


  • [Cultural Improvement Project] Crystal shared the proposal provided by a professional consultant to improve the culture within the project. The Board will review the proposal and will take a decision at the next Board meeting.

  • [Digital Public Good] The Board would like to restart the application process to have Joomla recognized as Digital Public Good.

  • [Demo/Free] The Board will explore the opportunity to start a new RFP process on that. Luca to start the document drafts.

  • [CMP] In order to continue showing Google AdSense, since January, we need to implement a Google-certified CMP. The Operations Department to work with Outreach to ensure compliance to this requirement.

  • [Events] Crystal suggested attending the EU Open Source Policy Summit event in February 2024, as well as FOSDEM 2024 which is in the same period. The Board agreed to arrange a trip to both events with two representatives.

Other business

  • The Production Department is looking for Accessibility certification for the Joomla 5 Backend. Harald is dealing with the information phase and requesting a quotation for the service.

Motions taken during this meeting

#2023/042 - The Secretary proposes to adjourn the meeting.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Philip Walton.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

Motions taken offline before this meeting

#2023/041 - Approve and publish the Board Meeting Minutes.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Philip Walton.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.