By Luca Marzo on 2023-12-11 22:29 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.
Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting

Date: November 02, 2023
Time: 18:00 UTC
Total time of meeting: 1 hour 35 minutes


Crystal Dionysopoulos (President), Philip Walton (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Nadja Lamisch (Treasurer), Louise Hawkins (Director).


Sigrid Gramlinger (Director), Harald Leithner (Director).



Discussion outline


  • Nadja created virtual credit card “services” for Earth Class Mail.

  • CHAR500 form signed.

  • Daniel Dubois from donated USD 240,04. The Board would like to thank him for his donation.

  • eLTS income for October: USD 2054,45.

  • Nadja shared bank balances as of today.

Production Department

  • Internship is going really well. Members from the department supported Charvi at her workshop at University.

Outreach Department

  • [Teams] Louise had a meeting with Tom from Marketing and SD from Events. Meeting scheduled with Anja from the Magazine. Next meeting will be with JUGs Team.

  • [Holopin] Louise to share the badge specifications with the marketing team to create some designs, initially “Joomla Volunteer” and “Joomla Bug Tester”. Designs will be reviewed as soon as they are ready.

  • [Communication Strategy] Work in progress.

  • [Joomla 5 Feedback] Louise started to create an outline of an article with reference to MySQL 8 for the Joomla Community Magazine.

  • [Joomla 5 Adoption / Migration Workshops] A plan is being developed to facilitate this activity.

  • [Analytics] Louise will conduct a situation analysis, determine which Joomla properties receive the most traffic and from where. This will help to shape the outreach strategy. Some permissions on the Search Console are still missing. 

  • [Volunteer Recruitment] Crystal suggested a generic marketing campaign to try and recruit more volunteers and helpers. Prior to work on the campaign, Louise and Tom agreed to review the information on the Volunteers Portal, the process and the workflow. 

  • [Wikipedia] Wikipedia page hasn’t been updated after 2020. The Marketing Team takes over the task to keep the page up to date.

Operations Department

  • No major updates.

Vice President

  • Article on behavior in the community is being drafted with some examples. While working on the article, Philip spotted some broken links in the documentation and got them fixed.

  • Working through the Joomla Seasons idea to give us more control over such projects rather than relying on Just GSoC. Have liaised with the relevant people and it's all coming along ok.


  • Luca urged to fix the payment information for the PO Box service which had been solved at the beginning of the Board Meeting.

  • Digital Public Good application on hold, waiting for support from the Board.


  • 20i interview published. Crystal wanted to thank Philip and Louise for their support.

  • Sponsorships: IONOS has been invoiced; following up with infrastructure sponsors; received a new sponsorship application.

  • FOSDEM Stand application deadline moved to November 10th. 

  • Cultural Improvement Project: the Board identified possible participants from the Community.

Other business

  • Nadja reported a non-compliance in usage of Joomla trademarks which will be reported to Claire Mandville for further checks.

Motions taken during this meeting

#2023/050 - The Secretary proposes to adjourn the meeting.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Nadja Lamisch.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

Motions taken offline before this meeting

#2023/049 - Approve and publish the Board Meeting Minutes.
Proposed by Crystal Dionysopoulos, seconded by Luca Marzo.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.