By Luca Marzo on 2023-12-11 22:31 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.
Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting

Date: November 16, 2023
Time: 18:00 UTC
Total time of meeting: 1 hour 55 minutes


Crystal Dionysopoulos (President), Philip Walton (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Nadja Lamisch (Treasurer), Sigrid Gramlinger (Director), Louise Hawkins (Director), Harald Leithner (Director).





Discussion outline


  • Char500 signed.

  • Nadja will meet Karen next week to review the books.

  • Nadja to check the usage of Google Pay done in the past to ensure it’s still needed.

Production Department

  • Releases and Release Managers: preparation in progress, offboarding for 4.3 Release Manager in progress.

  • Internship: presentation in the CMS Release Team, results really promising so far and still progressing.

  • Sigrid is still reaching out to all team leaders in Production to rebuild the leadership group within the Department.

  • Automated Testing Team: Meeting planned for this week.

  • Documentation: still decision in process about the system. There are some proposals to use AI to translate the documentation in other languages.

  • A discussion within the department is ongoing on how to handle PRs and Issues on GitHub. 

  • UX Team: Team Lead election is ongoing.

  • The Board discussed the future of the Software Architecture and Strategy Team, with the intention to restart its activities.

Operations Department

  • Issues with the forum continues, ISP suggested to change the forum software because caching options are limited and the software needs too much resources.

  • Harald is going to step down as Operations Department Coordinator as of December 31, 2023.

Harald Leithner left the meeting at 18:50 UTC.

Outreach Department

  • Teams: Meeting held with Anja JCM and Patrick from Events Team. Louise presented Anja with some preliminary statistics from Google Analytics, to include user numbers which had increased by 26% from the preceding period, along with a breakdown of where visitors were geographically and how they arrived at the site, mostly from organic search. The information was well received. Louise will format the info into a Looker report that can be shared in the channel and updated easily. Anja would like to see some new designs for the article image templates. Louise has liaised with Sandra and together they are creating a brief for Marketing. Elections for Events Team Lead will be arranged in the coming days. Louise will meet the JUG Team as soon as possible.

  • Joomla 5 and MySQL 8 article: Article is ready and will be published in the November issue of the JCM.

  • Situation Analysis: In progress. Louise still needs access to the Search Console and Vault.

Vice President

  • Philip is going to publish an article about the Joomla “Seasons of Coding and Documentation” program in the next issue of the Joomla Community Magazine, after having shared the draft with the Board and other stakeholders.



  •  [Sponsorships]

    • A sponsor requested some changes to the contract in order to proceed with the signature. Luca to apply the requested changes and send the new version to the sponsor.

    • Crystal is working on a new potential sponsorship lead.

    • Crystal met a current sponsor to discuss the renewal options.

  • [FOSDEM] Call for Proposals for our joint dev room is live. We need to promote the CFP so we can get some submissions that will represent Joomla.

  • [Cultural Improvement Project] Crystal to work on an announcement for the website this week. The Preliminary Steering Group needs to be defined with 3 members. 

Motions taken during this meeting

#2023/052 - The Secretary proposes to adjourn the meeting.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Nadja Lamisch.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

Motions taken offline before this meeting

#2023/051 - Approve and publish the Board Meeting Minutes.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Crystal Dionysopoulos.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.