By Luca Marzo on 2017-03-31 14:07 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.

Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting

Date: March 30, 2017

Time: 18:00 UTC

Total time of meeting: 1 hour 40 minutes

Attendees:

Robert Jacobi (President), Aleksander Kuczek (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall (Director), Michael Babker (Director), Peter Martin (Director), Radek Suski (Director), Søren Beck Jensen (Director), Yves Hoppe (Director).

Apologies:

Mike Demopoulos (Treasurer).

Discussion outline

Queries from the President

Community Leadership Summit.

Robert suggested having an in person board meeting at this event. Rowan highlighted the opportunity to meet people from other Communities to complete our new structure, recruiting people for the Ombudsman and Advisory Board. Aleksander asked us to define a goal for attending such an event. Radek and Luca suggested sending a delegation of the Board to Community Leadership Team.

Regular reports from Departments and Teams

Robert asks Directors to provide regular weekly reports. The Board decided on bi-weekly reports from each department starting April 6, 2017. Each team will provide regular team reports in conjunction with department reports. All reports will be made available through the volunteers portal.

Production Department Report

Install from Web

Install from Web is currently not fit for purpose and in its current form needs to be disabled.

Michael Babker proposed to follow the same procedure as in 2015, by disabling the feed, replacing it with a message linking to the JED alongside an accompanying blog post explaining the reasons for this action.

With this dealt with and our product quality ensured, we can then look to the future and fixing this element of the product.

Joomla 3.7

Joomla! 3.7 to be released early in the second quarter of 2017.

Legal & Finance Department

Joe Sonne will lead the Capital Team and new members will be onboarded shortly.

Looking for lawyers and legal talents for the legal department.

Ad Server is performing well and we have seen an increase in advertising revenue.

Capital Team is looking to increase the number of properties where we display banners.

Marketing & Communication Department

The Department will probably have a meeting in person in Central America after June.

Radek reports that the Marketing Team is performing well. The internal reorganization is almost completed.

Events Department

JWC Contract with venue has been signed.

Actions to officially recognize JandBeyond as official event have been started.

African Conference will likely happen next year.

Operations Department

JED Team took actions to remove extensions affected by the issue detected recently.

Programs Department

JET published the list of selected people for JandBeyond. Rowan clarified the selection criteria for JET award. JET Recipients have been selected and informed. Those without need for visas flights will be booked this week, those who need them will get their invite letters.

JCP actions are published on the Volunteers Portal. JCP will have an event at JoomlaDay Netherlands.

President

Additional request from Robert (outside of CLS and reporting requests) is discussing JoomlaDay responsibilities for cultural and religious awareness. This was brought up so the full board would be prepared to fully discuss at the next board meeting.

Vice President

Aleksander suggested creating a group of Key User Council (Freelancers, Agencies, Hosting companies, Extensions developers, Theme developers).

Secretary

Luca suggested to use emails for motions to keep an official track of all the motions done.

Discussion about Local Communities Department has been postponed until a later date..

Treasurer

Rowan shared a department-split budget, according to the budget percentage decided on at the last board meeting.

 

The Secretary proposed a motion to adjourn the meeting. Aleksander seconded.

Motion passed with unanimous consent.

Motions taken during this meeting

#1 Send a 3/4 person delegation to Community Leadership Summit.

Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Radek Suski

The motion passed with unanimous consent.

 

#2 Officers, Department Coordinators and Team Leaders are required to  provide on a bi-weekly basis reports on the Volunteers Portal starting April 6th 2017.

Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Aleksander Kuczek.

The motion passed with unanimous consent.

 

#3 The Officers and Department Coordinators shall meet bi-weekly at 18:00 UTC starting April 13th 2017

Proposed by Radek Suski, seconded by Luca Marzo

The motion passed with unanimous consent.

 

#4 Place Install from Web in an “offline” state due

Proposed by Michael Babker, seconded by Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall

The motion passed with unanimous consent.

 

#5 Organise leadership summit at JaB 17 (one day before)

Proposed by Radek Suski, seconded by Luca Marzo

The motion passed with unanimous consent.