By Luca Marzo on 2017-04-30 19:04 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.

Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting

Date: April 27, 2017

Time: 17:00 UTC

Total time of meeting: 1 hour 20 minutes

Attendees:

Robert Jacobi (President), Aleksander Kuczek (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Mike Demopoulos (Treasurer), Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall (Director), Michael Babker (Director), Peter Martin (Director), Radek Suski (Director), Søren Beck Jensen (Director), Yves Hoppe (Director).

Apologies:

-

Discussion outline

Queries from the President

Joomla! 3.7 Release

The Board says a big thank you to the Production Dept. and all the volunteers involved with the release of Joomla! 3.7. This is a huge release and it needed a very extended effort by all the volunteers. The 3.7 landing page has the highest ever number of translations for a release page and the video is fantastic.

Robert suggested the adoption of a policy in order to avoid last minute commits.

Michael clarified the intent of the Minor release. A 3.6.6 Patch version was not needed because there were not important security issues to address.

Although the 3.7 Marketing Team did a fantastic job, Robert talked about some global marketing team issues related to the release. Radek confirmed that Marketing Department and Team is defining all the procedures in order to avoid new delays at release time. Robert suggested also the adoption of a structured process to monitor all the aspects, including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), timelines, etc.

Radek to take the proper actions within the Marketing & Communications Department.

OSM d/b/a Joomla! Project

Robert proposed to add d/b/a (doing business as) “Joomla Project”. In this way Open Source Matters, Inc. can use “Joomla Project” as official name for business purposes. This to enforce the link between OSM and Joomla!

Production Department Report

The Department is dealing with usual post-release jobs. Planning for the 3.8 release will begin within the next 4 weeks.

Legal & Finance Department

Luca suggested to rebuild the Trademark Team, because of a very low number of active volunteers.

Yves proposed to think about the opportunity to seek Release sponsors.

Marketing & Communication Department

The Department is looking for people to update regularly the Wikipedia page after each release. Peter did it for the last release but this process will be assigned to one of the new volunteers.

Events Department

Joomla! World Conference website is almost finished.  Tickets will go on sale next week.  2 Keynote speakers already confirmed.

JUG Team will arrange a Make it Happen session for new JUG sign ups/issues at JAB

Operations Department

Peter to work on the budget.

There is a help wanted page on the Volunteers Portal that collect all the “Call for Volunteers” from each team so it should be easier to find new volunteers: https://volunteers.joomla.org/help-wanted

Joomla! Resource Directory needs to be improved. Rowan suggested to rebuild it in a consistent way with the other Joomla.org properties.

Programs Department

Certification Program elected Sam Suresh as new Team Leader. Stefanie Thielmann and Patrick Jungbluth stepped down due to business reasons.

JET operations are ongoing and on time.

Vice President

Aleksander is collecting feedback for the “Time Donation” idea.

Secretary

Created a motion registry in which all motions (actioned during meetings or via email) and votes are recorded. This in order to avoid data loss about decisions of the Board. Each motion receives an ID based on a counter per year, so we have a unique identifier to easily refer to a specific motion. This ID will be used also in Reports on the JVP.

Treasurer

More information about taxes within few weeks.

Mike asked all the Departments to properly fill the budget requests.

Motions taken during this meeting

#2017/20 - Open Source Matters will add “Joomla Project” as d/b/a for business purposes. The Secretary and Treasurer will begin the process immediately and complete within 60 days.

Proposed by Robert Jacobi, seconded by Luca Marzo

The motion passed with unanimous consent.

 

#2017/21 - The Secretary proposed to adjourn the meeting.

Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Peter Martin.

The motion passed with unanimous consent.