By Luca Marzo on 2017-05-15 08:22 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.

Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting

Date: May 11, 2017

Time: 17:00 UTC

Total time of meeting: 1 hour 25 minutes

Attendees

Robert Jacobi (President), Aleksander Kuczek (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Mike Demopoulos (Treasurer), Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall (Director), Michael Babker (Director), Peter Martin (Director), Radek Suski (Director), Søren Beck Jensen (Director), Yves Hoppe (Director).

Apologies

Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall (Director).

Proxies

Yves Hoppe served as proxy for Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall for this meeting.

Discussion outline

President Report

Robert shared post event information about Community Leadership Summit.

The main outcomes are the creation of two informal groups to work on Mission and Vision for the Project and on Joomla.com service.

The Board to prepare an agenda for the Leadership Summit at JandBeyond.

Robert shared information about the contract with the Engagement Platform we got in touch with some weeks ago.

Production Department Report

UX Team is looking for Team Leader and Assistant Team Leader, the call has been published and is open until the end of month.

Joomla! 3.7.1 release will go out soon after the final release blocker is addressed

3.8 Release Lead is in beginning phases of getting together a roadmap and plan for the release, will be discussing issues and concerns with key players over the next couple of weeks

Legal & Finance Department

Capital Committee will be renamed as Capital Team.

Most teams in the department are dormant and have nothing to report.
Help is requested for submitting the budget.

Marketing & Communication Department

Marketing Team (MWG) is currently electing a new Team Leader after Chris Paschen stepped down.

Marketing Department to prepare a complete marketing plan, news about at the end of the month.

Events Department

Rowan is working the Event charter.

The new website for the Joomla! World Conference will be published next week.

Operations Department

No special news to report.

The Department will submit the budget as soon as possible.

Programs Department

Yves shared a report after Community Leadership Summit.

Yves suggested to create a Recruitment Team to involve and onboard new volunteers to work for the Project.

The Board discussed about JCA and CoC.

Luca to talk with Sander to integrate the signature of Code of Conduct (CoC) in the Volunteers Portal.

Vice President

Aleksander shared the progress of the Time Donation project. Currently there are no rules that prohibit companies to send their employees to contribute to Joomla. All terms for individual and corporate contributors should be equal.

Secretary

Nothing to report.

An ongoing task is the “doing business as” amendment.

Treasurer

Mike is waiting for the budget requests from the Departments.

All the domains have been consolidated with our provider.

Mike talked about CashParking to monetize some of the parked domains.

Other business

Yves suggested to try Trello in order to keep track of all the ongoing activities, both for Departments and Board.

Motions taken during this meeting

#2017/023 - Create a JavaScript Working Group as a regular team with voting rights within Production Department.

Proposed by Michael Babker, seconded by Luca Marzo

The motion passed with unanimous consent.

 

#2017/024 - Change the name of Capital Committee to Capital Team

Proposed by Søren Beck Jensen, seconded by Robert Jacobi.

The motion passed with unanimous consent.

 

#2017/025 - Create a Recruiting Team as a regular team with voting rights within Programs Department.

Proposed by Yves Hoppe, seconded by Radek Suski.

The motion passed with unanimous consent.

 

#2017/026 - Create a Working Group under the Legal Department without voting rights to review terms & conditions of individual/corporate contribution and standardize it across all departments.

Proposed by Aleksander Kuczek, seconded by Radek Suski

The motion passed with unanimous consent.

 

#2017/027 - The Secretary proposed to adjourn the meeting.

Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Aleksander Kruczek.

The motion passed with unanimous consent.