By Luca Marzo on 2017-05-30 07:13 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.

Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting

Date: May 25, 2017

Time: 17:00 UTC

Total time of meeting: 1 hour 15 minutes

Attendees:

Robert Jacobi (President), Aleksander Kuczek (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Mike Demopoulos (Treasurer), Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall (Director), Peter Martin (Director), Radek Suski (Director), Søren Beck Jensen (Director), Yves Hoppe (Director).

Apologies:

Michael Babker (Director).

Discussion outline

President

  • The project signed a contract with an engagement platform. This will help our Community to better handle people feedback, retention and engagement. An implementation plan and strategy will be created and will go on as soon as possible. Key Performance Indicators will be created within the implementation plan.

  • A newcomer with HR background is going to start volunteering as part of the engagement platform. Additionally there is a potential contributor to the project  who is an attorney.

  • Robert shared a draft of the agenda for the JAB in person Board Meeting.

Production Department

  • Joomla! 3.7.2 has been released to address issues came with the previous two releases.

  • JavaScript Working Group has been formed and it’s getting integrated into the Department. Dimitris Grammatikogiannis has been elected Team Leader of this team.

  • Joomla! 3.7.3 will be a big maintenance release including many bugfixes.

  • UX lead call closes next week, Michael to go over submissions with UX team members and come up with a plan of action to move forward with this team

  • Since 3.7.0 release there has been almost 2.5% shift in the number of Joomla installations running a supported PHP version based on https://developer.joomla.org/about/stats.html

Legal & Finance Department

  • Søren to submit the budget request for Legal & Finance Dept. within few days.

Marketing & Communication Department

  • Social Media Team requested to increase communication about upcoming events in order to better promote all the events.

Events Department

  • The proposed changes to the The Event Charter have been put forward to the board to review, this includes inclusion of satellite events and a new clause to ensure “inclusivity”.  This change will be voted on at JAB and if passed implemented immediately.

  • JWC Site almost fully translated. Site live Monday next week latest.

  • JUG Team is working with various Associations to create rule set for Association and also for listing in JUG’s Directory as promoted entries.

  • Budget to be submitted within this week.

Operations Department

  • JED is currently looking for a better search index solution (like Algolia and ElasticSearch) to make it easier and faster to search the public JED listings, and to have a better private search solution for internal JED communication like tickets etc.

  • JED team decided that their team Members (with voting rights) need to attend the JED meetings in order to be Member. Otherwise they will be listed as Contributor

  • Toivo Talikka is the new Assistant Team Leader for the Forum Team. The team to cleanup also the list of moderators and global moderators.

  • Deb Cinkus has been elected Assistant Team Leader for the Joomla! Resources Directory. Soren to build a new component to build a totally new JRD.

  • The Showcase Directory (SD) lists currently 377 Joomla websites. The Team will work with the Social Media team to get more quality Joomla websites being submitted.

  • The Community Magazine Team needs to become somewhat more active. They are looking for new volunteers to join their team and for volunteers who contribute content to the monthly issues of JCM.

  • Board discussed about the confidential data protection in the Volunteers Portal.

  • JED is conducting some tests with Algolia. Other teams in the Operations Department have a similar need for better indexing of their sites. Peter is looking for experienced volunteers with ElasticSearch experience to do a pilot.

  • Slawek Sikora is the new leader for the Joomla! Template Directory Team.

Programs Department

  • Recruitment Team to collaborate with the Volunteers Portal team to help onboard people.

  • Recruitment Team has already 10 members.

Vice President

  • Contributor Agreement Working Group is in place. Now auditing existing agreements and recruiting contributors. A roadmap to be defined by the May 28th.

  • Company Time Donation stuff has been merged with the Contributor Agreement Working Group in order to define the rules for this idea. Recognition for these companies will be dealt with Recognition Team.

Secretary

  • Luca discussed about the Engagement Program and presented a motion to transform the Recognition Team.

  • Luca to prepare the agenda for the JaB Board Meeting.

Treasurer

  • Mike shared monthly finance report.

  • Mike asked to define a deadline for the budget submissions.

  • Budget will be discussed extensively at JaB.

Motions taken during this meeting

#2017/030 - Change the Recruitment Team to “Volunteer Engagement Team” and create 3 additional sub sub team (without voting rights): “Retention Team”, “Recognition Team” and “Recruitment Team”. The main team will keep voting rights as regular team.

Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Søren Beck Jensen.

The motion passed with unanimous consent.

 

#2017/031 - The Secretary proposed to adjourn the meeting.

Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Søren Beck Jensen.

The motion passed with unanimous consent.