By Luca Marzo on 2017-06-24 14:44 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.
Full Board of Directors and Officer Meeting

Date: June 22, 2017

Time: 17:00 UTC

Total time of meeting: 1 hour 30 minutes

Attendees:

Robert Jacobi (President), Aleksander Kuczek (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Mike Demopoulos (Treasurer), Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall (Director), Michael Babker (Director), Peter Martin (Director), Radek Suski (Director), Søren Beck Jensen (Director), Yves Hoppe (Director).

Apologies:

-

Discussion outline

President

  • Robert proposed to discuss about the creation of the Local Communities Department. Robert to create an informal Local Communities Working Group to start gather information about all the active local communities and create a process to lead the formation of the new Department.

Production Department Report

  • Joomla! 3.7.3 release planned for the next week.

  • The Department is looking for feedback on the potential use of CSS Grid for Joomla! 4.0 - https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/16810

  • Automated testing architecture sprint successful, team will continue finalizing the architecture they worked on and aim to implement it into our pipeline in the next couple of months.

Legal & Finance Department

  • The Board discussed about the consolidation of trademark registration.

  • Capital Team is looking for new ways and platforms to increase the advertising revenues.

  • A micro-sponsorship platform has been developed and needs just some tweaks.

  • Robert, Mike and Søren shared new sponsorship opportunities to be signed shortly.

Marketing & Communication Department

  • Marketing team asked for a clear statement about the use of the exclamation mark following the word Joomla. The Board officially declares that it is not necessary to use the bang in Joomla name for blog posts/copy.

Events Department

  • Rowan shared the progress of JWC ticket sales.

  • JWC Call for Sponsors and Speakers to go out next week.

  • Rowan is working on an African event.

Operations Department

  • JRD to recruit new members shortly.

  • The Template Directory Team (JTD) is being set up. They have contacted the Social Media Team to announce a call for volunteers for JTD.

  • Volunteers Portal has an option to set status of a role to “open” so that people can apply for a volunteer role.

  • Sander to appoint an Assistant Team Leader for the Volunteers Portal Team.

  • VEL Team has been moved under JED Team.

  • The Board discussed about NDA / CoC integration in the Volunteers Portal.

Programs Department

  • Nothing relevant to report.

Vice President

  • Agreement Working Group is in the reading phase of the contracts/agreements.

Secretary

  • Luca to publish a blog post on community.joomla.org about the upcoming Election Cycle.

  • Luca to publish a blog post about the “address requirement” of the Bylaws.

  • The Board decided to use the Joomla! Volunteers Portal as Official Registry of Members.

Treasurer

  • Mike is working on the blog post about the Budget.

  • Budget requests will go through Department Coordinators.

Other business

  • Yves reminded Board Members to fill out the Joomla! Leadership interview.

Motions taken during this meeting

#2017/044 - The Board officially declares that it is not necessary to use the bang in Joomla name for blog posts/copy. It does not affect the logo, brand name and registered trademarks.

Proposed by Radek Suski, seconded by Yves Hoppe.

The motion passed with unanimous consent.

 

#2017/045 - Adopt the Joomla! Volunteers Portal as the official registry of members.

Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Peter Martin.

The motion passed with unanimous consent.

 

#2017/046 - The Secretary proposed to adjourn the Meeting.

Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Yves Hoppe.

The motion passed with unanimous consent.