By Luca Marzo on 2017-12-11 13:55 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.
Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting

Date: December 7, 2017

Time: 18:00 UTC

Total time of meeting: 1 hour 15 minutes

Attendees:

Robert Jacobi (President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Mike Demopoulos (Treasurer), Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall (Director), Michael Babker (Director), Yves Hoppe (Director), Søren Beck Jensen (Director), Sandra Decoux (Director).

Apologies:

Aleksander Kuczek (Vice President), Peter Martin (Director).

Discussion outline

President

  • Robert introduced the meeting, reviewing the status of the Board after JWC.

  • The Board discussed about the opportunity to amend the bylaws about the election terms.

  • The Board discussed about the confidentiality to apply to Board discussions.

Treasurer

  • Mike is working on tax payments.

  • Mike is working on the last tasks about JWC. All the payments and reimbursements that have been received have been processed. Waiting for the final invoice from the Venue and reimbursements that have not yet been submitted.  (Note:  If you have reimbursements you have not put in for yet, please do as soon as possible).

  • A new volunteer has joined the Finance Working Group and she undertaking Quickbooks Training.

  • The Board discussed the process for onboarding new volunteers to the Financial Working Group.

  • Commencing in January, latest February,  the Treasurer will provide monthly reports to Department Coordinators.

  • The Treasurer will provide a Quarterly Financial Report for the Board review to be published regularly.

Production Department Report

  • The Board discussed the changes in the UX Team and the need to disband it for the time being.

Legal & Finance Department

  • RFP on Joomla! Shop has been extended. Deadline for submissions is 1st of January.

  • Rowan to work on Community Sponsorship form as soon as T&C will be ready.

  • Capital Team is working on a release sponsorship PDF and list of targets.

  • Partnership Success Team is currently in formation.

Marketing & Communication Department

  • Joomla 4 Marketing Design: Chiara Aliotta provided a document, to-do list and timeframe for all design elements discussed during the JWC Sprint.

  • Community Translation Team: One more language completed and merged to the landing page.

  • User Research & Strategy Team: This is up and running and the team is looking for members

  • Social Media: no specific updates. All fine. Thank you campaign (partners/sponsors) will start soon

Events Department

  • JUG Team increased its activity right after JWC.

  • Rowan is working on plans for future of events

Operations Department

  • Aleksander posted the meeting minutes and updates from the Operations Department.

  • The Board discussed some public statements on Twitter regarding JED and how to handle ourselves in the public space a little better..

  • Teams under Operations Department are defining their visions and identifying their KPIs.

  • The Secretary is receiving access to all the organization properties to ensure security and more importantly continuity of our properties.

  • The Department activated the Operations Department Coordination Team.

Programs Department

  • Luca shared the updated version of the Joomla! Certification Contracts for JUGs/JoomlaDay Events for Board review. The Board will vote for approval after the meeting.

Secretary

  • Luca shared the result of the motions voted offline.

Motions taken during this meeting

#2017/095 - The names of Board Members will be published with their votes when votes in a motion are not unanimous.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Robert Jacobi.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

 

#2017/096 - Disband the UX Team.
Proposed by Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall, seconded by Michael Babker.
The motion passed with majority consent, Robert Jacobi and Mike Demopoulos abstained.

 

#2017/097 - Get involved/Team Contact forms on the Volunteers Portal should include Department Coordinator in copy of submission email.
Proposed by Søren Beck Jensen, seconded by Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

 

#2017/098 - The Secretary proposes to adjourn the meeting
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Søren Beck Jensen.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

Motions taken offline before this meeting

#2017/092 - Approve and publish the meeting minutes of the previous Board Meeting.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Aleksander Kuczek.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

 

#2017/093 - Decide whether to move the Board Meeting Time to 6 UTC (7 Central European Time / 12 Central Standard Time) or keep consistency with 5 UTC.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Aleksander Kuczek
The Board decided to move the Board Meeting time to 6 PM UTC by majority.

 

#2017/094 - Approve the Joomla! Contributor Agreement
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Aleksander Kuczek
The motion was rejected. Søren Beck Jensen, Sandra Decoux, Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall and Michael Babker voted against it, Mike Demopoulos and Luca Marzo abstained.