By Luca Marzo on 2018-03-05 15:25 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.
Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting

Date: March 01, 2018

Time: 18:00 UTC

Total time of meeting: 1 hour 20 minutes

Attendees:

Robert Jacobi (President), Aleksander Kuczek (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Mike Demopoulos (Treasurer), Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall (Director and Elected President), Michael Babker (Director), Søren Beck Jensen (Director), Sandra Decoux (Director), George Wilson (Elected Director), Carlos Cámara Mora (Elected Director)

Apologies:

Yves Hoppe (Director), Hugh Douglas-Smith (Elected Director)

Discussion outline

President

  • Robert asked Department Coordinators and Officers to provide a short report of the activities done during last year, to create a comprehensive Annual Report to be published at the end of the term.

  • Robert to schedule a meeting with Rowan during this weekend at JoomlaDay Florida.

Treasurer

  • Reports from bookkeeper at the next Board Meeting.

  • Mike reminded Board members to work on the Budget and to prepare newly elected Directors and Officers for the budget process.

  • Rowan suggested to keep note of the eventual cuts done during the budget process and use these items as prioritized items if revenues will be beyond expectations.

  • Mike and Rowan worked on the account transfer from Robert to Rowan.

Legal & Finance Department

Marketing & Communication Department

  • Rowan and Sandra will have a Sprint from 8th to 13th March to work on Contact Forms, thank you pages on joomla.org properties, community sponsors page.

  • Sandra and Noreen will present the new Marketing Plan at the next Board meeting.

Events Department

  • Rowan will work with Carlos to start the handover process.

  • Break out room videos of JWC need to be post-produced. A lot of work should be done.

  • Mike talked about the opportunity to run virtual conferences as WPCampus. The Board discussed this idea.

Operations Department

  • Transition to Hugh is in progress.

  • Department Meeting has been held on February 28, 2018.

Secretary

  • Ballot for replacement as Events Department Coordinator has been launched on February 24 and the closure was planned for March 03, 2018 at 23.59 UTC. All the voters casted their preference earlier.

  • Carlos Cámara Mora has been elected replacement for Events Department Coordinator.

  • Secretary received another request to delete all user accounts from joomla.org properties. Luca proposed as interim solution a form to request account deletion where people can specify in which properties they have an account, until we have the opportunity to allow people to delete their data in a more effective way.

  • Luca shared a draft of the partnership agreement for the Translation Platform. This draft will be discussed with the Partner to proceed the negotiation towards the signature.

  • Effective 25th of March 2018, the Full Board of Directors and Officers of Open Source Matters will be:

    • Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall - United Kingdom - President

    • Aleksander Kuczek - Poland - Vice President

    • Luca Marzo - Italy - Secretary

    • Michael Thomas Demopoulos - United States of America - Treasurer

    • George Wilson - United Kingdom - Director

    • Sandra Decoux - France - Director

    • Søren Beck Jensen - Spain - Director

    • Carlos Cámara Mora - Spain - Director

    • Hugh Douglas-Smith - United Kingdom - Director

    • Yves Hoppe - Germany - Director

  • Luca shared the draft of Board Policy regarding Handover.

Motions taken during this meeting

#2018/024 - Approve the Board Policy regarding Handover.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Søren Beck Jensen.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

#2018/025 - Move the next Board meeting to March 22, 2018.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Søren Beck Jensen.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

#2018/026 - The Secretary proposes to adjourn the meeting
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Robert Jacobi.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

Motions taken offline before this meeting

#2018/022 - Approve and publish the Board Meeting Minutes.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Sandra Decoux.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

#2018/023 - Pay miscellaneous Rowan's reimbursement as specified in the OSM channel, even if some of them are requested after the allowed term.
Proposed by Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall, seconded by Michael Babker.
The motion passed with majority consent.