By Luca Marzo on 2018-09-13 07:56 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.
Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting

Date: September 06, 2018
Time: 17:00 UTC
Total time of meeting: 45 minutes

Attendees:

Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall (President), Alexander Metzler (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Carlos Cámara Mora (Director), George Wilson (Director), Sandra Decoux (Director).

Apologies:

Mike Demopoulos (Treasurer), Hugh Douglas Smith (Director),  Søren Beck Jensen (Director), Yves Hoppe (Director).
Note: Mike Demopoulos is absent due to a travel to meet OSM accountant and bank.

Proxies:

Sandra Decoux served as proxy for Yves Hoppe.
Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall served as proxy for Mike Demopoulos.
Luca Marzo served as proxy for Hugh Douglas-Smith.

Invited guests:

Djamel Kherbi (Elected Director).

Discussion outline

President

  • Rowan helped doing the reconciliation of the books and offered to help on that on a monthly basis. This will help saving money on bookkeeping.

  • Rowan and Sandra will work on the blog post about the Leadership Survey.

  • Rowan is working on the specifications document for the Task Management platform.

Treasurer

  • Mike shared the actual financial statements.

Legal & Finance Department

  • Mike proposed to publish periodic the achieved percentage of budget to date. Rowan proposed to do it with a quarterly frequency.

  • Mike is waiting for updates on the VEEM integration.

Marketing & Communication Department

  • Sandra shared a statement of her 20 months of involvement in the Marketing & Communication Department https://joom.la/kuA

  • Sandra prepared the Joomla 3.9 Teasing Campaign, launched on Sept. 3 (6 visuals/texts)

  • Announcement from the User Research & Strategy Team Lead:
    “The intention of the User research & strategy team was to use User Surveys with various audiences. We started off well with some really good feedback coming and great insights coming from it. However due to lack of volunteers it's becoming really hard to run this team and do effective work in this area. Considering this, I am stepping down from the lead position and asking that we continue running this team as an unofficial team or working group till we can get a team back together.
    One thing I definitely suggest is putting together a 'Steering team' in place to better define our strategy. This should have -- From say someone in Drupal, WordPress, Laravel etc. and also some from Joomla of course - A. on the Dev side and B. On Marketing. This should continuously think about our Product strategy and guide our overall output on Production and marketing side”

  • Sandra sent a private email to the other nominee right after the result of the department election has been announced. No answer so far.

  • Sandra is working on a new Shop RFP.

  • No good results from VolunteerMatch so far

  • Social Media Repo: updated to reflect the need of volunteers for Social Media Team.

Events Department

  • Carlos reported some new requests from financial support from JoomlaDay organizers.

Operations Department

  • Mini JED4 sprint has taken place and the initial component creator JED has been built and updated to reflect the DB structure and views required by the spec. The next part of the process is being continued by Jaz to define individual work packets which can then be opened up to JED developers.

Production Department

  • Joomla 3.8.12 is out

  • Joomla 4 development ongoing. Needs to have some serious focus on the backend template which has not been improved significantly for a while.

Vice President

Secretary

  • Effective 23th of September 2018, the Full Board of Directors and Officers of Open Source Matters, Inc. will be:

    • Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall - United Kingdom - President

    • Alexander Metzler - Germany - Vice President

    • Luca Marzo - Italy - Secretary

    • Jason E Rosenbaum - United States of America - Treasurer

    • George Wilson - United Kingdom - Director

    • Sandra Decoux - France - Director

    • Yves Hoppe - Germany - Director

    • Hugh Douglas-Smith - United Kingdom - Director

    • Djamel Kherbi - Algeria - Director

    • Viktor Vogel - Germany - Director

  • Newly elected Board members have been invited to this Board Meeting and will be invited to others meetings during their handover period.

  • Election Results have been published on August 19, 2018: https://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/joomla-elections-results-group-1-2018.html

Other business

  • Sandra asked all Department Coordinators to make unofficial inactive teams in order to focus on working teams.

  • Sandra reminded all the Department Coordinators to publish regular reports to the Community on the Volunteers Portal.

  • Sandra asked to Department Coordinators and Officers involved in this election cycle if they can write a report about their achievements (and achievements of their teams) during the past 12 months.

  • The Incorporation Working Group has been restored and a call for volunteers will be published coupled with the Leadership Survey blog post. The Team should conduct a research across the various countries to incorporate either in US or EU.

Motions taken during this meeting

#2018/075 - Transform “User Research & Strategy Team” into an unofficial Working Group due to lack of volunteers.
Proposed by Sandra Decoux, seconded by Luca Marzo.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

#2018/076 - The Secretary proposes to adjourn the meeting
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Carlos Camara Mora.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

Motions taken offline before this meeting

#2018/072 - Approve and publish the Board Meeting Minutes.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

#2018/073 - Appoint John Rampton as member of the Advisory Board.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall.
The motion passed with unanimous consent and 2 abstentions (Sandra Decoux and George Wilson).

#2018/074 - Move next Board meeting to September 06, 2018.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall.
The motion passed with majority consent, 1 against (Mike Demopoulos) and 3 abstentions (George Wilson, Hugh Douglas-Smith and Soren Beck Jensen).