By Luca Marzo on 2019-02-14 14:04 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.
Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting

Date: February 07, 2019
Time: 18:00 UTC
Total time of meeting: 35 minutes

Attendees:

Alexander Metzler (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Jason E Rosenbaum (Treasurer), Djamel Kherbi (Director), George Wilson (Director), Yves Hoppe (Director), Sandra Decoux (Director), Hugh Douglas Smith (Director).

Apologies:

Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall (President), Viktor Vogel (Director).

Proxies:

Sandra Decoux served as proxy for Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall.
Yves Hoppe served as proxy for Viktor Vogel.

Discussion outline

President

  • Rowan proposed some valuable profiles as potential members of the Advisory Board.

Treasurer

  • Formstack reimbursements paid out.

  • IRS form 1099-INT sent to Accountants.

  • Change of bookkeeper will happen during the Financial Summit.

  • Financial Summit Agenda will be ready the week of 2/18

  • Jason to go to bank tomorrow to ensure the minimum amount on the second account.

  • Jason shared the up to date account balances.

Production Department

  • George had several discussions with people about the Joomla 4 progress.

  • Work on Backend Template for Joomla 4 is in progress.

  • David Jardin and Tobias Zulauf attended Google CMS Summit as Joomla representatives and have various thinks to work on based on that

Legal & Finance Department

  • Capital Team is working on CloudFest attendance.

  • Compliance team is finalizing SSO, first roll out is going to happen soon

  • Sandra and Luca had a meeting with the Trademark Team Leader in order to clarify understanding of the Trademark Policy regarding domain names and the team approach towards compliance.

  • Achilleas and Luca are participating as Joomla representatives to the Cross CMS Privacy Coalition initiative which involves people from WordPress, Drupal, Typo3 and Umbraco.

Marketing & Communication Department

Events Department

Operations Department

  • Hugh started to work again on the initiative of creation of a standardized operation manual for Joomla.org properties.

  • Operations Department meeting last week was opportunity to welcome Anibal Sanchez to team as new lead for JED and introduce him to rest of Operations department. He is focused on a year of updating and bug fixing the current JED, there is a lot of work going on around reviews both to streamline their input and improve the experience. Anibal is not planning to look towards JED 4 development until end of year / early 2020.

  • Nicky Veitch will start serving as interim team lead for Joomla! Community Magazine, forming again the Team.

Programs Department

  • Joomla Certification Program is changing its structure as team, getting rid of subteams and rearranging responsibilities within the main team, due to a reduction of active volunteers. The program strategy for 2019 has been defined and published on the Volunteers Portal and the team is already working on its implementation.

  • Volunteers Engagement Team will have a meeting next week.

Vice President

  • Alexander visited a newly discovered Joomla Agency in Germany. A team of about 10 permanent employees - exclusively Joomla. They also develop components themselves (e.g. a time recording tool with invoice output). Alexander encouraged them to become more visible in the community. They will provide case study and start supporting the local community events.

  • Next weekend Alexander will attend JoomlaCamp Essen.

Secretary

  • Group 2 Elections - Nominations Statistics:

    • 22 nominations received

    • 17 nominees

    • 6 nominees accepted.

  • Election ballots ongoing until February 09, 2019 at 23.59 UTC.

  • Vote is running also for 2 amendments to the bylaws: Removal of Local Communities Department, Adoption of a Flat Vote System.

  • Luca shared a draft of the Standard Backup Policy for Joomla.org Properties that is currently under review of the Webmasters Team and will be submitted for adoption at the next Board Meeting.

  • OSM listed as signer of the Affirmation of Open Source Definition of Open Source Initiative: https://opensource.org/node/966

  • Contacted EU-FOSSA2 Bug Bounty Program to check whether would be possible for Joomla to participate. Project acceptance period closed on December 31, 2018. Not possible to participate in this year edition.

  • Advisory Board formation is complete.

  • Contract for the Joomla Shop RFP has been drafted and is in discussion phase. Once ready will be submitted to Board for review prior to signature.

  • Was looking for more information about Outreachy and found that as Community we must have at least $6500 (stipend and fees for one internship).

Other business

  • Received a Code of Conduct Breach report, waiting for further evidence on the breach. The Board will discuss it at the next Meeting.

Motions taken during this meeting

#2019/012 - Appoint Simon Badrick as member of the Advisory Board of Open Source Matters, Inc.
Proposed by Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall, seconded by Luca Marzo
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

#2019/013 - Appoint Zaheda Bhorat as member of the Advisory Board of Open Source Matters, Inc.
Proposed by Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall, seconded by Luca Marzo
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

#2019/014 - Appoint Danese Cooper as member of the Advisory Board of Open Source Matters, Inc.
Proposed by Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall, seconded by Luca Marzo
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

#2019/015 - Adopt the Policy regarding Marketing Resources.
Proposed by Sandra Decoux, seconded by Luca Marzo.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

#2019/016 - The Secretary proposes to adjourn the meeting
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Yves Hoppe.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

Motions taken offline before this meeting

#2019/010 - Approve and publish the Board Meeting Minutes.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Djamel Kherbi.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.