February 19, 2020 Events Department meeting report
Participants: Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall, Djamel Kherbi, David Aswani, Brian Ronnow, Carlos Camara.
Apologies: Ahmad Moussa
Total time of the meeting : 49 minutes
The Events department held its monthly meeting where the following items were discussed.
- One of our maiin goal of the events department, is to facilitate new user groups around the world, a discussion at the first forum of the future held in Marbella (Spain) was the Re-Engage & Re-Ignite Stream who came out with a new approach to help the jug to be accurate in there meetings, allowing Virtual user group meeting.
- The first JUG Fair will take place in Italy in September.
JUG Team :
- JUG meeting schedule for Wednesday 26th one of the main discussions will be about the update of the jug rules to allow Virtual User group meetings.
Joomla! Events Team:
- Good progress on DP Calendar, JUG Meetings submissions and JoomlaDay specific submissions are ready. Carlos is working on improving messaging within the form and listings.
- We had some issues on events submission, all the opened tickets regarding the issue have been handled.
Next meeting will take place on March 11 2020 at 18:00 pm UTC on Google meet.