Marketing & Communication Department Meeting, 3 August 2018
- Sandra Decoux - Department Coordinator
- Alison Meeks - Social Media Team Lead
- Hans Van Der Meer - Social Media Team Lead Assistant
- Mike Brandner - Community Translation Team Lead
- Noreen Cesareo - Marketing Team Lead
- Hervé Boinnard - Marketing Team Lead Assistant
Apologies: Parth Lawate (User & Research Strategy Team Lead)
- The DC asked for ideas to celebrate Joomla’s 13th birthday on August 17th. The team members proposed good ideas with a blogpost “13 reasons to love Joomla” (to be written by Rowan) + asking on Social Media for the top reasons for loving Joomla to the community to create interactions and using a dedicated hashtag (to define #ilovejoomla #whyIloveJoomla)
- The DC is looking for help for the copywriting of the teasing campaign for Joomla 3.9 (images nearly ready - icons are missing and need to be created, by Lili if she has the time). The DC asked for a proper Press Release for 3.9
- The DC asked for help for improving the content of the monthly newsletters
- Awareness: find ways to get professionals copywriters to provide articles to publish on external websites to promote Joomla. Clear focus on a topic would have to be made in each article. After trying to get copywriters from inside the community, and due to the lack of volunteers, we need to get authors from outside our community
- DC asked the marketing team to find ways to assist more the Production Department in order to help defining a ‘plan for the future’, a roadmap.
- The Team Least Assistant is trying to onboard new volunteers - Really hard to get volunteers contributing
- Repackaging use cases to be done
- Parth will be invited to next Marketing Meeting
- Hootsuite will be contacted to propose them a partnership
- Noreen will help with the settings of the HootSuite account to make it more efficient. Meeting scheduled for Monday with Alison to do this.
- Posting are on mon-fri and when needed in weekend. Interacting on questions.
- Trying to get ownership FB group - If it doesn’t happen, then the team will think about creating a new official group
- Facebook fan pages in general have less and less impressions due the Facebook model - Groups are more efficient.
- Official Template & Extras: 33 languages finished
- Official Websites & Issue Tracker: 11 languages are finished - 16 languages missing only some strings - The Team Lead contacted by DM translators during the past weeks, but a lot are inactive during the Summer
- 3.x series landing pages settings: waiting for 3.9 content to then get the translations started
- Official Extensions: 20 languages finished - 10 languages waiting for help
- Make posts on the dedicated Twitter account for specific project/specific language to try to get more translations done + regular posts to call for translators.
Meeting adjourned after 1 hour.