Marketing & Communication Department Meeting, 7 December 2018
- Sandra Decoux - Department Coordinator
- Alison Meeks - Social Media Team Lead
- Hans Van Der Meer - Social Media Team Lead Assistant
- Mike Brandner - Community Translation Team Lead
- Noreen Cesareo - Marketing Team Lead
- Hervé Boinnard - Marketing Team Lead Assistant
- 3.9 Marketing Campaign:
- Post-release campaign on Social Media still running
- Positive results of the Google Ads campaign (still running). DC would like to thank KLIKEN for their precious help and advice with setting up the campaign
- The sessions of the landing in English have increased of approx 45% compared to 3.8 LP (partly thanks to the ads campaign) - To do even better, next Release Ads campaign will be translated into several languages
- Press Release has been translated by the Marketing Liaisons in 5 languages (https://www.joomla.org/about-joomla/the-project/media-and-press-contact/5750-joomla-3-9-s-privacy-tools-drive-gdpr-and-regulatory-compliance.html) .
PR has been picked up by +130 sources on the US service, PRNewsWire (thanks Leigh Richards for setting it up) and sent to +4,000 recipients on the European service
- DC would like to thank Brian Teeman for the 3.9 video, which is available in 33 languages
- DC to virtual meet Production DC to work on J4.
- Meeting between Steve Burge & DC to help with copywriting
- Next Google Ads campaign to plan
- Marketing Liaisons for local community are working nicely, translating and spreading the official news in their local community - 6 countries are currently represented - Please contact the DC if you want to join the team - https://volunteers.joomla.org/teams/marketing
- DC would like to thank Brian Teeman for the CMS Critic Award video
- Chiara will redo the design created by Matthias - Design will be added to the shop https://magazine.joomla.org/issues/issue-oct-2013/item/1567-get-your-art-on
- Marketing Leadership is working on the Case Studies - Luca to provide a second one
- See to get the Case Study Template translated
- Alison will provide the team with another case study, which will cover the American continent as we wish.
- Call for volunteers to help with SM accounts managed by the DC (currently 6 accounts)
- DC is working with a new volunteer, Mithu, who is helping on Social Media imagery (regular campaign)
- Team needs help for the copywriting/imagery of the ‘features’ campaign
- Working list to thank sponsors and partners
- All team working getting familiarity with HS
- Hans got a Dutch Social Media review and will make a summery in best practices per channel
- 3.9 Landing Page available in 30 languages - Call for unfinished languages needed - A big thank you to all translators
- New layout for the tech. requirements page of the Downloads Site: DC did most translations and contacted by DM translators - 32 languages done out of 37
- Campaign per language on Twitter as of January to find translators
Meeting adjourned after 40 minutes.