By Ra on 2020-05-15 07:31 in Operations

Operations Department Meeting May 14th, 2020 - 18:00 - 19:20 UTC

 

Participants: Andrea Gentil, Anibal Sanchez, Deb Cinkus, Karen Dunne, Olaf Offick, Radek Suski, Sebastien Lapoux, Wilco Alsemgeest

Apologies: Jaz Parkyn, Sigrid Suski

Proxies: Radek Suski for Sigrid Suski

 

Department Coordinator:

  1. Participant has been reminded that there is a reporting requirement for all teams.
  2. Request has been made to sign NDA to all Team Leaders and Assistant Team Leaders. It has been also proposed that all team members that might have access to users’ personal data should also sign NDA.
  3. JRD team has been suspended from access to the website due to data management concerns.
  4. It has been requested that all members use project email addresses for security and privacy reason. 

Community Magazine Team

  1. New leader and assistant Team Leader were elected
  2. The team is currently working on the next issue.
  3. The first team meeting was on April 22. The meeting report can be found at Volunteers Portal
  4. Team is working on setting the GitHub project as proposed for all Operations Department teams
  5. AcyMailing 5 to 6 upgrade (not update) is in progress, it's a complete new version with more possibilities 

 

Extensions Directory Team

  1. All systems are fully operational
  2. The latest meeting was on April 24th. The meeting report can be found at Volunteers Portal
  3. Next meeting is scheduled for Friday, May 29 at 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
  4. Jaz is working on planning JED4 Virtual Sprint

 

Forum Team

  1. The team was able to find new Global Moderator member
  2. Term for Team Leader and Assistant Team leader got extended

 

Resource Directory Team

  1. Webmasters team took over the management of the website in order to restore the compliance with rules and security practices.
  2. JRD website clean-up completed by Wilco and Jaz.
  3. GSuite will be cleaned.
  4. Working with Wilco to evaluate feasibility of using AcyMailing for the listing renewal process.
  5. Team’s status has been changed to “unofficial”.
  6. JRD Breach Task Team is investigating potential, non-intentional data breach.
  7. Karen and Deb expressed their disappointment about how the status change of the team has been communicated to team members.
  8. Due to discussion about previous point it has been once again emphasised how important it is for teams that Department Coordinator have to keep teams informed about any OSM Board decision about policy changed that might affects work of teams.

Note from Department Coordinator: I would like to once again express my deepest regrets to all JRD team members if the necessary action caused any wounded feelings, This was certainly not our goal but I can understand that the current situation may cause discomfort among team members.   

 

Showcase Directory Team

  1. The team is working on the verification of all exiting listings. 
  2. It has been also cleaning configuration settings and changed it to follow guidelines/requirements.
  3. Feedback on "Joomla Backup Configuration" Policy: issue about backup encryption has been solved and test has been done.
  4. Changed the rule "How to request my country listed into the Featured Countries menu?" by adding "for more than one company" into "Your country must have at least 20 sites, for more than one company" . See https://showcase.joomla.org/about-jsd/faqs.html. It's to avoid having only one company making all sites of one country and to bring too much visibility to this company in regards to others.
  5. New rule to come: only websites using HTTPS protocol will be accepted in the future.

 

Template Directory Team

  1. The team has experienced some issues with planning a meeting due to several communications problems.
  2. The team is looking for a designer who can help create mockups. The VET has been contacted.
  3. Website is currently being updated.

 

Volunteers Portal Team 

  1. Identity Portal about to launch (May 16) with initial integration with the Volunteers Portal

 

Webmasters Team

  1. Feedback request sent for the final "Joomla Backup Configuration" Policy. Received valuable feedback and updated the policy accordingly. Motion sent on Sunday May 10th, 2020 to have a voted decision. After a successful vote all properties will need to be configured.
  2. Feedback request for the standard com_users configuration sent on May 7th, 2020.
  3. Cleaned Super Users access on CJO and provided the volunteers with a Sandbox location, to do the things they wanted to work on, instead of on live site.
  4. Had a meeting with TechJoomla on April 30th, 2020 to improve the Social Ads component, which is used on our Ads system. Including feedback from Mark Lee, who was so kind to do some user tests. Updated version provided on May 8th, 2020 & May 14th, 2020. Still fixes are needed, TechJoomla has added their QA specialists to improve the process.
  5. JSST (Tobias) is working to define a standard process for versioning within our properties.
  6. Working with Jaz & Luca to create a Survey to collect opinions, feedback and other information. Which will help in creating additional policies, guidelines and other documents.
  7. Certification website is getting an overhaul by Andrea and Wilco to prepare for the new Exam system and make the information for JUGs, JoomlaDays & JLP clearer.

Motions:

  1. No requirement for monthly meetings, but required to provide monthly reports. The team consists mainly of Liaisons and a few members, as our work consists of daily actions, we should have enough communication in the Glip channel and mails.
    

Proposed by Wilco Alsemgeest, Seconded by Radek Suski.
    Motion passed with one abstain (Karen) 

  2. Feedback within the Webmasters Team will be collected by mail and/or surveys, with a defined deadline of at least 1 week. (Any Department TL & ATL can start this communication flow). 

    Proposed by Wilco Alsemgeest, Seconded by Radek Suski.
    Motion passed with one abstain (Karen)

  3. All decisions to be done which involves all sites, infrastructure, work methods and thus basically everything not related to just one website, must be done by motion.
    
Proposed by Wilco Alsemgeest, Seconded by Radek Suski 
    Motion passed with one abstain (Karen)

 

On behalf of the department I would like to thank all participants for their time and efforts and participation in our meeting. Next meeting is planned for June 11th at the same time.