Operations Department Meeting Minutes - November 16, 2020
Participants: Wilco Alsemgeest (Director), Jaz Parkyn (JED ATL), Andrea Gentil (JCM TL), Anibal Sanchez (JED TL) , Olaf Offick (Forum TL), Luca Marzo (JCM ATL), Sander Potjer (JVP TL), Roland Dalmulder (JVP ATL)
Apologies: Sebastien Lapoux (Showcase TL)
- All Template Directory Working Group assets must be backed up and made available to the Extensions Directory Team. The Template Directory Working Group will be disbanded and any volunteer willing to work on the Templates part of JED4 is welcomed by the Extensions Directory team.
Proposed by, Wilco Alsemgeest / Seconded by, Jaz Parkyn
Motion Passed unanimously
- All Joomla websites within our EcoSystem will always run on GPL licensed (open source) components, modules and plugins. Additionally, if an extension has been custom built by our community, it will be publicly available in Joomla's GitHub repository. Unless otherwise decided / approved by the Board of Directors.
Proposed by, Wilco Alsemgeest / Seconded by, Luca Marzo
Motion Passed unanimously
- Board Report: https://volunteers.joomla.org/board-of-directors/reports/1372-osm-inc-full-board-meeting-november-05-2020
- Board approved the Webmasters Team as a working group.
Community Magazine team:
- Last meeting: https://volunteers.joomla.org/teams/joomla-community-magazine-team/reports/1359-jcm-meeting-report-october-29-2020
- The team is working on the November issue, to be published on Nov 20th.
Community Sites team:
- Community Sites Team is “In formation”, this team has as main purpose the CJO website, which holds various parts used by other teams and the community.
We are looking for Volunteers: https://magazine.joomla.org/all-issues/october-2020/community-openings-october-2020
- The new Service Providers Directory has been added to the CJO website and the organizations listed on the Resources website are adding their own listing on the new directory. The directory will be published on November 19, 2020 combined with a blog post and Social Media campaign, thanks to the Magazine Team and the Social Media Team.
Extensions Directory team:
- [Jaz] Search for new team leader is ongoing, with call for nominations due to go out at start of December
- [Anibal] After two years of being JED Team Leader, the experience has been wonderful and fulfilling. The opportunity of collaboration with the ecosystem of extensions developers gives me a better understanding of how people work with Joomla and the different users that we help. Now, it's time for a healthy transition, and we are looking for candidates to be the next TL. As Jaz mentioned, I'm not running as TL, and my plan is being in the team for a while to ensure a smooth transition. The new candidates will have our full support.
- JED Team Meeting - October 30th, 2020 report https://volunteers.joomla.org/teams/extensions-directory-team/reports/1364-jed-team-meeting-october-30th-2020
- Team Meeting Next week
- Working on the requested server OS, PHP and MySQL upgrades.
Showcase Directory team:
Volunteers Portal team:
- Tobias started a collaboration process with the Compliance Team to finalize the Cookie Script needs and implementation for all Joomla Properties.
- OSM domain name servers has been switched to CloudFlare (a week ago), as this was successful the joomla.org domain was also done on November 15th, 2020