Operations Department Meeting Minutes - 2022-11-15
By Llewellyn van der Merwe on 2022-11-23 09:31 in Operations
Participants: Harald Leithner (Director), Llewellyn van der Merwe (DC Assistant), Mark Fleeson (JED TL), Olaf Offick (Forum TL), Luca Marzo (JCM ATL & TL ATL & P ATL), Sander Potjer (JVP TL), Roland Dalmulder (JVP ATL), Claire Mandville (TL TL)
Absent: Sebastien Lapoux (Showcase TL), Toivo Talikka (Forum ATL), Soren Jensen (Capital TL), Donata Kalnenaite (Privacy TL)
- Proposed merging (Show Case, Volunteers, Webmaster) into Community Site Team
- Welcome Mark Fleeson as new JED Team Lead
- Welcome to Mattermost
- The transition worked really great, most of the communication moved to mattermost within one week.
- The announcement wasn’t optimal but it wasn’t too bad
- Talking about the future of the Operation Department
- Teams which are not responding
- Privacy Compliance Team is not responding
- Show Case Team is not responding
- Volunteers Portal Team is not responding
- Operations Team Leads which are withdrawn from Joomla!
- Sander Potjer (Stepped down)
- Soren Jensen - did a break for personal reason (never seen in operations)
- Operations Team Leads which are not responding
- Sebastien Lapoux (Not seen in operations since February 2022)
- Teams with less than 3 members
- Capital Team
- Trademark Team - Asking for volunteers
- Teams which are not responding
- Website updates
- We need a plan for our properties to upgrade, it doesn’t look too good for a new template in time.
- Joomla 4 Update
- Status Forum Software and Cloudflare?
- Not done yet, hopefully by the end of the year
- Docs.Joomla.org? Status
- Manual.joomla.org - We use docusaurus with renovate bot which Semi automatically (creates a pull request) updates the github repository. Drone does Autodeploy on PR merge.
- internal.joomla.org - We use docusaurus with renovate bot which Semi automatically (creates a pull request) updates the github repository. Drone does Autodeploy on PR merge.
- Single sign on for more (all) websites
- Developer.joomla.org - should be easy
- Joomla.org - should be easy
- Capital Team has 2 active* members, but no team leader:
- We need a team leader and more members urgently
Extensions Directory team:
- Extensions Team has 6 active members, Denes, Oh and Jeroen (Tickets), Denis (JedChecker), Mark (JED 4 and TL), Claire (VEL and trademark), Jaz (Adviser)
- Mark is presenting to the Joomla Extension Developer JUG on Thursday 17th attempting to get extra helpers for the JED team.
- Forum Team has 5 active members (Global Moderators/Admins):
(Olaf, Toivo, Peter, MIG, Per)
- Forum upgrade - Not done yet, hopefully by the end of the year
Trademark & Licensing team:
- Current Team is Mandville & Luca.
- Several reports dealt with by contacting domain and registrar with no positive outcomes. Mainly due to GDPR restrictions and cost of chasing domains through udrp.
- Trademark checker group on mattermost - liaison from Showcase/Resources required to join
Volunteers Portal team:
- No response on the call for a new team lead. Sander will step down by the end of November 2022 completely (and other teams like Webmaster/operations). Please make sure the access to Vault, Rochen tickets, Portals etc.. will be removed.
- Roland has keys/knowledge of the current setup.
- Team does no longer comply with the OSM-bylaws once Sander stepped down, so possibly the team needs to be merged or responsibility of the portal to be moved to another team.
- Anything needed from Sander's side before stepping down?