Joomla Operations Department Meeting, May 24, 2017
Joomla Operations Department Meeting
Wednesday May 24 2017, 19:00:00 UTC
Participants: Jaz Parkyn (Extensions Directory Team), Olaf Offick (Forum Team), Peter Martin (Operations Department Coordinator), Brian Mitchell (Resource Directory Team), Sebastien Lapoux (Showcase Directory Team), Sander Potjer (Volunteers Portal Team).
Apologies: Helvecio da Silva (Community Magazine Team), Isidro Baquero (Template Directory Team), Claire Mandville (Vulnerable Extensions List Team).
Operations Department Coordinator
- Board of Directors Full Board Meeting - May 11, 2017
- Board of Directors Full Board Meeting - April 27, 2017
- The Joomla Volunteer Portal (JVP) lists all people of Teams that are helping in the project. To have an accurate overview, all team pages need to be up-to-date. Teams consist of Members (with active members who have voting rights) and Contributors (who contribute once and awhile, and do not have voting rights). A requirement of the OSM By-Laws is that all postal addresses of Team members (with voting rights) are available. The postal addresses are not publicly visible; only the OSM secretary has access to them. Peter asked all teams to get their Team listing up-to-date and have all Members update their listing with their postal address.
- Peter has submitted a request for budget for all the teams till June 2018.
Extensions Directory Team
- JED Team Meeting - April 28, 2017
- JED is currently looking for a better search index solution (like Algolia and ElasticSearch) to make it easier and faster to search the public JED listings, and to have a better private search solution for internal JED communication like tickets etc.
- JED team decided that their team Members (with voting rights) need to attend the JED meetings in order to be Member. Otherwise they will be listed as Contributor
- Forum statistics
- The Members listed on the team page are the Global Moderators and is up-to-date.
- There is currently no option to check if all Members have updated their postal address
- Toivo Talikka is the new Assistant Team Leader (Peter will change that in JVP).
- Forum Team will review all moderators (general and local moderators). Most moderators are not yet listed at JVP. They will be requested to add themselves, to keep an up-to-date list of Moderators and also give them recognition for their work.
Resource Directory Team
- The Team page is not up to date, they are working on it.
- Deb Cinkus is the new Assistant Team Leader (Peter will change that in JVP)
- The current JRD website is v2. The JRD Team is looking to implement some new features and to get rid of some hardcoded legacy code. They are planning for a v3 of the site. Soren Jensen offered to build a custom component if the Team can supply him with the requirements.
Showcase Directory Team
- The Showcase Directory lists currently 377 Joomla websites. The Showcase Team will work with the Social Media team to get more quality Joomla websites being submitted.
- The Joomla.org homepage will get a “Who is using Joomla?” block with 4 references that are taken out of the Showcase Directory. At first manually and in the future at random.
Volunteers Portal Team
- The Volunteers Portal was working with implementing a Recruitment role in its JVP. However there’s also a new initiative of a Recruitment Team under the Program Department. We need to coordinate these initiatives so we are not doing double work.
- The postal addresses of all Team members in the Volunteer Portal, a requirement of the OSM By-Laws, are only accessible by the OSM Secretary. However, Site Admins and Developers with access to the database might be able to access the information too. What can we do to safeguard the information properly?
Vulnerable Extensions List Team
Claire not present but added the following information. Carried over to next meeting.
- No meeting since last meeting , one due in june.
- From may 1st VEL analytics:
Page Views 4,393 Unique Page Views 2,928
Page /live-vel Page Views 1,393
"how to exploit joomla extensions" being the top search phrase.
- Shortly implementing new dedicated vel ticket/referencing system.
- The meeting notes (jan17) provided by VEL are as much as can be stated without naming and shaming or passing sensitive info. Much the same as JSST.
Community Magazine Team
Helvecio not present. Carried over to next meeting.
Template Directory Team
Isidro not present. Carried over to next meeting.