Joomla Operations Department Meeting, June 21, 2017
Joomla Operations Department Meeting
Wednesday June 21 2017, 19:00:00 UTC
Participants: Jaz Parkyn (Extensions Directory Team), Olaf Offick (Forum Team), Peter Martin (Operations Department Coordinator), Brian Mitchell (Resource Directory Team), Sander Potjer (Volunteers Portal Team), Slawek Sikora (Template Directory Team).
Apologies: Helvecio da Silva (Community Magazine Team), Sebastien Lapoux (Showcase Directory Team).
Operations Department Coordinator
Extensions Directory Team
- JED Team Meeting - May 25, 2017
- The Vulnerability Extensions List (VEL) has been moved to subteam under JED. This structure change has been made because it makes more sense to have all 3rd party extension related under one team, and sites in the future under one domain. The structure change has been implemented in the Volunteers Portal.
Resource Directory Team
- JRD Team Meeting - June 7 2017
- The JRD has defined all roles in their team and will soon recruit for new members. Sander (JVP) mentioned that the Volunteers Portal has an option to set status of a role to “open” so that people can apply for a volunteer role.
Template Directory Team
The Template Directory Team (JTD) is being set up. They have contacted the Social Media Team to announce a call for volunteers for JTD.
JTD added the available roles in JVP: https://volunteers.joomla.org/teams/template-directory-team#roles
Volunteers Portal Team
- The postal addresses of all Team members in the Volunteer Portal, a requirement of the OSM By-Laws, are only accessible by the OSM Secretary. Everyone (Site Admins, Developers) who has technical access to the database should have signed an NDA. There's confusion about how the NDA process actually works. Peter will ask information about it to the Board.
- JVP works together with Recognition Team on possible ways to improve the volunteer recognition
Community Magazine Team
Helvecio not present. Carried over to next meeting.
Showcase Directory Team
Sebastien not present. Carried over to next meeting.