Joomla Operations Department Meeting, July 19 2017
Joomla Operations Department Meeting
Wednesday July 19 2017, 19:00:00 UTC
Participants: Jaz Parkyn (Extensions Directory Team), Olaf Offick (Forum Team), Peter Martin (Operations Department Coordinator), Sander Potjer (Volunteers Portal Team), Radek Suski (Template Directory Team).
Apologies: Sebastien Lapoux (Showcase Directory Team), Brian Mitchell (Resource Directory Team), Helvecio da Silva (Community Magazine Team)
Operations Department Coordinator
- Board of Directors Full Board Meeting - July 06, 2017
- Board of Directors Full Board Meeting - June 22th, 2017
Extensions Directory Team
There have been some issues with downtime with JED in the last couple of weeks. The issues have been solved and there will be published more information about it soon
JED is now in the planning stages for the next release of com_jed. As soon as the specifications document has been reviewed by the team, JED will ask for feedback from the department. JED needs to be re-vitalised - not just the codebase, but also the interest in the development. The JED Team hopes that by developing a core based and/or native component, they will reduce some of the barriers and obstacles in developing for JED. As part of this process, the JED Team will schedule some code sprints.
- Forum statistics
- Joomla forum has had quite a few problems with Mod Security Rules and IP bans. Those are mostly sorted by now. The forum team is working with the Rochen on the remaining issues. The forum team requests people to use the Forum Unban Request Form when having problems with loggin in at Joomla forum.
Template Directory Team
- The JTD Team needs more members and has recently done a call for new members. They got some new team members. The “apply for a volunteer” functionality in the Joomla Volunteer Portal made it easier for people to apply and it automated the process for getting new people.
Volunteers Portal Team
- Planned features for the Volunteers Portal & looking for volunteers
- Team members are up to date. The Volunteers Portal Team needs some new members for the open roles, started to reach out to people.
- The team does not yes have an Assistant Team Leader. It will be discussed in their team meeting in week 32.
- Planning to start using @joomlers twitter handle, in contact about this with Social Media team
Community Magazine Team
- Meeting with Joomla Community Magazine - 4 July 2017
- Helvecio not present. Carried over to next meeting.
Resource Directory Team
- The When, Who and com_jrd of the JRD
- Brian not present. Carried over to next meeting.
Showcase Directory Team
- Sebastien and the assistant team leader James were not able to attend the meeting. Carried over to next meeting.
- In regard to the issues with the downtime with JED, Jaz asked if anyone knew some free software to monitor servers. Radek recommended to contact the Joomla Webmasters Team. Peter recommended to check a (free?) server monitoring tool called Nagios.