Operations Department Meeting, January 24th, 2018
Duration: 1 hour
Participants: Olaf Offick (Forum Team), Sander Potjer (Volunteers Portal Team), Brian Mitchell (Resource Directory Team), Aleksander Kuczek (interim Operations Department Coordinator, Vice President), Jaz Parkyn (Extensions Directory Team), Sławek Sikora (Template Directory Team)
Guests: Sandra Decoux (Marketing Department Coordinator)
- The upcoming elections have been discussed.
- We have discussed the way different properties are managed in terms of applying updates. The need for a common management handbook has been indicated. Such handbook should be created with close coordination with the webmaster team.
- Open positions within the Operations Coordination Team has been announced: Communication (facilitating meetings, keeping everyone on the same page), Finance (overseeing department budget, arranging travel, communication with the Treasurer), Special Projects (currently one opening for creating the property management handbook)
- Teams are in the process of meeting with Nicky in order to set the measurable goals for each team.
- Extensions Directory Team is working on the requirement list for the new directory.
- Resources Directory is realizing the survey this week. Please participate.
- Forum Team is working on their first voice meeting in a while
- Template Directory is working on the new template directory
- Volunteers Portal Team is launching a cycle of interview with Joomlers for Joomla Community Magazine
- Sander has presented the update on GDPR compliance within Joomla project. He requested information about extensions (via form https://goo.gl/7Zdqwd) and any third party services used ( via email/glip to Luca Marzo) until January 31st, 2018.
- The next meeting will take place on February 28th, 2018 at 7 PM UTC