Production Dept. Meeting - August 13, 2019
Date: August 13, 2019
Time: 17:00 UTC
Total time of meeting: 60 minutes
Participants: Harald Leithner (Department Coordinator), Hannes Papenberg (Team Leader), Nicola Galgano (Team Leader), David Jardin (Team Leader), Philip Walton (Team Leader), Benjamin Trenkle (Team Leader),
Luca Marzo (Assistant to the DC) due to travels. Ilagnayeru Manickam (Team Leader), Mike Brandner (Team Leader), Stefan Wajda (Team Leader), Marco Dings (Team Leader), George Wilson (Release Lead), Robert Deutz (Team Leader), Puneet Kala (Team Leader)
Report from the Department Coordinator
- Joomla 3.9.11 released.
- Searching for someone who can help me with the release, since Sandra stepped back (She did an awesome job)
Automated Testing Team
- Sprint 11-13 October
- Patchtester (deferred to the end of the meeting)
- Needs to be a discussion around our automated system testing suite. CMS 3 hasn’t had selenium deps updated in 2 years. Weblinks is using similarly old things.
- Do we really want to keep maintaining old versions of Webdriver, if we can start using https://www.npmjs.com/package/selenium-standalone, please finalize what browsers are really important/required for testing Joomla4? (IE? Edge?)
CMS Release Team
- Extended the testing.
- Working on the multi language testing but need people back from annual holidays first so should be good for next release
- Caught a bug in 3.9.11 which Harald fixed straight away
Core Translation Team
- Language Packs are Getting ready for Joomla! 3.9.11
Google Summer of Code
- GSoC Projects going well, admins working with Students to get their final blog posts ready, check documentation and finalize the projects.
Security Strike Team
- Small fix in 3.9.10, fixing long standing (8 years) parameter merge issue in com_contact
- Requested funds from RIPE NCC to support our bug bounty program
Joomla Enhancement Development Team
- Propose the Page Builder GSoC Team to form a working group
- Backend template nearly ready for merge and will tag an alpha afterwards.
- Workflow: Small code sprint before JDAY DE in Gießen
- New alpha will have rudimentary support for upgrading from Joomla 3.9.x - there’s some warnings due to the template switching over that are obvious release blockers - but functionally it works (aside from com_config - which is still WIP)
- Major things left before beta: email templates and the api web services project (so we actually have APIs in most components)
- I’ve been moving focus onto docs for api and various other things
- Several fixes to the postgresql database driver (thanks Hannes) - Automated Testing team already starting to catch bugs in j4!