By Marco Dings on 2020-03-10 08:41 in Production

Production Department Meeting Agenda March 10, 2020 at 18:00:00  UTC 

Duration: 80 minutes

Participants: Harald Leithner (Department Coordinator), David Jardin (Team Leader), Carlos Cámara (Team Leader),  Philip Walton (Team Leader), Marco Dings (Team Leader), Benjamin Trenkle (Team Leader), Hannes Papenberg (Team Leader), Robert Deutz (Team Leader), George Wilson (Release Lead), Mike Brandner (Team Leader)


Apologies:  Ilagnayeru Manickam (Team Leader), Nicola Galgano (Team Leader), Puneet Kala (Team Leader)

Agenda Items & minutes:

Report from the Department Coordinator


Talk Topics:

  1. Discussion about CSP and the impact on 3rd party developer
    We have to write good documentation and awareness of the CSP header we use per default and motivate 3rd party developers to update their codebase to use CSP safe Javascript.

  2. HTML5 translate Plugin -
    Does not go into J4.0

Updates/Proposed Topics:

  1. It was confirmed in the board that J4 landing page should be build upon J4


Release Leads


Talk Topics:

  1. Namespaces of JHTML and old new MVC


  • JHTML Namespace

  • New MVC Namespace or remove

Joomla 3 Release Lead:

  1. Joomla 3.9.16 released with some flaws

Joomla 4 Release Lead:

  1. Merged in Joomla 3.9.14, 3.9.15 and the few extra commits in 3.10-dev. Aim to merge in 3.9.16 this week.

  2. WebAuthn PR merged (thanks to Nic and Harald for their work together on this!)

  3. Large composer update of issues

  4. Thanks to Angie Radtke for her amazing work on the CSS work done to Atum!

  5. Final 6 issues left on the beta blocker list - it would be really good to get some community focus on these last 6 issues so we can push a beta in the next 1-2 months.

  6. New MVC & JHtml namespacing discussion vote for Production

Automated Testing Team


Updates/Proposed Topics:

  1. Will invite for a meeting of the ATT in the next 2 weeks.


Bug Squad


Updates/Proposed Topics:

  1. Election will be held on March 06


CMS Release Team


Updates/Proposed Topics:

  1. Release a few hours ago.

  2. Went through testing with new member Chetan


Documentation Team


Talk Topics:

  1. The developer documentation from Jooma 4 on will be written on GitHub in the future (suggestion from FftF) - the production team will discuss about it at the next meeting

Updates/Proposed Topics:

  1. Documentation is up to date for 3.9.16 - error doc is also created for the reported duplicate username issue


Security Strike Team


Updates/Proposed Topics:

  1. Unique Index on #__users table being added to avoid username collisions

  2. 6 more rather minor issues fixed in 3.9.16

  3. 2FA enforcement: still 27 users without 2fa enabled; 97 enabled it so far


Joomla Enhancement Development Team


Workflow Working Group

  1. Sprint at 14/15th March in Munich

  2. Sprint at 20th/21th March in Salzburg


Mike Brandner (Team Leader) Joined


Software Architecture & Strategy 


Talk Topics:

  1. Beta blockers, earned value tracking (owners & effort estimates)
    Beta blocker discussion document
    Blocker estimates spreadsheet

Updates/Proposed Topics:

  1. Status of UX has not been addressed 

  2. Marianela brought up the idea of putting a form to get insightful data
    (Type of website: e-commerce, educational website, information website, etc.. experience of the user/admin with joomla: ie: new, amateur, experienced, and last if the user is: free lance web developer, agency, or company). This will help marketing efforts and possibly the future of the product

  3. RFC discussion for technical questions and features initially and then see if it can be implemented for productions

  4. Help for Joomla 4 for BETA version. BETA blockers were identified. Llewellyn volunteered to help with the estimates, and Marco will try to find a way to inform the community, Marianela will bring it to marketing to put in a blog post.

  5. Team leader: Niels Braczek. Assistant team leader: Marco Dings