By Marco Dings on 2020-08-06 09:11 in Production

Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES
- July 28, 2020
1900 CEST, UTC+2  Event time TZ

 

DETAILS

Scheduled duration: 45min

Duration: 70min

Participants: Benjamin Trenkle (Team Leader), Hannes Papenberg (Team Leader), Harald Leithner (Release Lead 3.9),Marco Dings (Department Coordinator), Mike Brandner (Team Leader), Llewellyn van der Merwe (Assistant Department Coordinator), Nicola Galgano (Team Leader), Niels Braczek (Team Leader), Philip Walton (Team Leader), Tobias Zulauf (Release Lead 3.10)

Absent with notice: David Jardin (Team leader), Carlos Cámara (Team Leader), Robert Deutz (Team Leader),

Absent without notice: George Wilson (Release Lead 4.0),  Ilagnayeru Manickam (Team Leader)

Agenda Items & minutes

Production Department Coordinator (Marco Dings)

Talk Topics:

  1. All user-ids / passwords and .ssh private keys of any and all production assets will need to be changed and moved to 1password

  2. Investigate github number of  of “owners” and the rationale for “ownership” and not another level

  3. Llewellyn will start recording actions in project management repo for production, so we have a centralized location to follow up

Updates/Proposed Topics:

  1. What is the status of the build tools that were affected by the removal of the keys. Robert has access to Jenkins and has updated it to the new version. Effort on the way to reduce number of tools


Joomla! Enhancement Development Team (Benjamin Trenkle)

Working groups

  • Cassiopeia Working Group (JEDT - FT)

    1. Team is forming, today had the first meeting, report is following

  • Guided Tour Working Group (JEDT - FT)

    1. Concept created, waiting for internal feedback


Joomla Accessibility Team (Carlos Cámara Mora)

Talk Topics:

  1. New article in Magazine about improvements in a11y in Joomla 4

  2. Considering writing a monthly article about A11y

  3. Started to discuss issues in Cassiopeia


Automated Testing Team (Hannes Papenberg)

Talk Topics:

  1. Seems like PHPUnit 8 is not going to be compatible with PHP8. Investigate PHPunit support for future PHP versions will change.

  2. Consolidating CI systems into drone. Support needed for moving from “hound / scss-lint” to “stylelint”. Hannes requires support from jenkins “expert”.

  3. Talk topic : Code Style changes to PSR-12. Has implications on merging between 3 and 4 going forward. Possibly needs to wait for EOL of 3? But that would just move the problem forward in time. (action Niels)

Updates/Proposed Topics:

  1. Working on removing Hound from setup: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/30196

 

Releaseleads (George Wilson, Tobias Zulauf Harald Leithner)

* Releaseleads 3.10 (Tobias Zulauf):

  1. Joomla 3.10.0-alpha1 is prepared to be released

  2. The “Testing” Update Server will provide updates between pre releases now. (Please also set the corresponding minimum stability setting)

  3. Extension Developers and Template Providers are going to be requested to test and to provide feedback so we can backport as much as possible to 3.10 where needed.

    1. The marketing team intends to send a newsletter via the Developer and JED lists for that topic too. 

  4. There is going to be an temporary only for testing one time 3.10 to 4.x update server provided via update.joomla.org

 

* Releaseleads 3.9 (Harald Leithner):

  1. Joomla! 3.9.20 released 2 weeks ago without any flaws


Documentation Team (Mike Brandner)

Updates/Proposed Topics:

  1. Joomla 4 Help Pages in progress

  2. PBF20 is in preparation - we plan a live tutorial on youtube like last year

Bug Squad (Nicola Galgano)

Talk Topics:

  1. The issues curve is quite normal, but still we have an huge number of issues

Updates/Proposed Topics:

  1. Who wants to join in a meeting to discuss “Abort install/update if hash is not present (3dp extensions too)” as a starting point see https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/30076

Software Architecture & Strategy Team (Niels Braczek)

Talk Topics:

  1. RfC-RfC: No further input from the community, so we can decide on it.

  2. Laravel review: We need a repo for collaboration on this.

  3. Copyright-PR: Ready for more than 3 weeks now.

CMS Release Team (Philip Walton)

Talk Topics:

  1. Roland has pulled the tags through to the patch tester. 

  2. Would be great to get the tags that help testers added in some way so they can match the test with their skill level/environment and this be linked to the PBF/BF@H sessions

Updates/Proposed Topics:

  1. No update since the last meeting 

  2. J3.10alpha and 4.0.0 beta3 both being tested

Other

  1. http://joomlacode.org/gf/  needs to be discontinued, help needed

  2. Docker images need updating