By Marco Dings on 2020-09-01 16:29 in Production

Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES
- August 11, 2020
1900 CEST, UTC+2  Event time TZ

 

Participants: Benjamin Trenkle (Team Leader), Carlos Cámara (Team Leader), David Jardin (Team Leader), Harald Leithner (Release Lead 3.9), Marco Dings (Department Coordinator), Llewellyn van der Merwe (Assistant Department Coordinator), Niels Braczek (Team Leader), Philip Walton (Team Leader), Tobias Zulauf (Release Lead 3.10)

Absent with notice: Hannes Papenberg (Team Leader)

Absent without notice: George Wilson (Release Lead 4.0), Ilagnayeru Manickam (Team Leader), Nicola Galgano (Team Leader), Mike Brandner (Team Leader)

Agenda Items & minutes

Production Department Coordinator (Marco Dings)

Talk Topics:

  1. The Cassiopeia working group started and it is quite active. Supporting indirectly as not to influence

  2. Internal tasks in Github pm https://github.com/joomla/production-pm


Joomla! Enhancement Development Team (Benjamin Trenkle)

Talk Topics:

  1. THM had a successful week, first PR are created, 3 weeks left for the project

Working groups

  • Frontend template is work in progress


Joomla Accessibility Team (Carlos Cámara Mora)

Talk Topics:

  1. Back to traditional written meetings

  2. New article in next issue of the magazine

  3. Working with the new Cassiopeia WG to help with A11y in the template

 


Security Strike Team (David Jardin)

Updates/Proposed Topics:

  1. First cross-CMS sprint for PHP-TUF client happened last week, results see https://github.com/php-tuf/


Releaseleads (George Wilson, Tobias Zulauf Harald Leithner)

* Releaseleads 3.10 (Tobias Zulauf):

  1. Nothing to report

* Releaseleads 3.9 (Harald Leithner):

  1. Nothing to report

Software Architecture & Strategy Team (Niels Braczek)

Talk Topics:

  1. Joomla 3: Where do we draw the line for improvements? See the list and date field as examples. - Improvements should be made against 4.1. In general, those improvements can then be backported to 3.10.

  2. Copyright PR: When a pull request has two testers (approvals), it must be merged. The Copyright PR has been ready for more than 3 weeks and must just be merged, since Tobias and Llewellyn already approved it.

  3. RfC-RfC: Expected a motion today…?!?


CMS Release Team (Philip Walton)

Updates/Proposed Topics:

  1. No release of RC since last meeting.

  2. Testing of 3.10 alpha is under way and will be topic of JUGL meeting next Tuesday 18-8-2020

  3. https://joomlalondon.co.uk/attend-a-jugl-meeting/event/135-joomla-london-user-group-jugl


Other Business

Talk Topics:

  1. Roadmap blogpost to be published