Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES September 8, 2020
Production Dept. Meeting MINUTE
- September 08, 2020
1900 CEST, UTC+2
Participants: Benjamin Trenkle (Team Leader), Carlos Cámara (Team Leader), David Jardin (Team Leader), Hannes Papenberg (Team Leader), Marco Dings (Department Coordinator), Mike Brandner (Team Leader), Llewellyn van der Merwe (Assistant Department Coordinator), Nicola Galgano (Team Leader), Niels Braczek (Team Leader), Philip Walton (Team Leader), Tobias Zulauf (Release Lead 3.10),
Absent with notice: George Wilson (Release Lead 4.0), Robert Deutz (Team Leader), Harald Leithner (Release Lead 3.9)
Absent without notice: Ilagnayeru Manickam (Team Leader)
Agenda Items & minutes
Production Department Coordinator (Marco Dings)
- Recruiting of maintainers for sub-projects/repos [Hannes]
Joomla Accessibility Team (Carlos Cámara Mora)
- Removed all subgroups from Volunteers Portal
- Added Hans as full rights member
- Recovered access to github Joomla Accessibility Team (Thanks Robert!!)
- We keep working in several issues
Joomla! Enhancement Development Team (Benjamin Trenkle)
- Trying to get teams set up for each point on the roadmap
- Roadmap brought more new potential volunteers if interested to join, contact: https://volunteers.joomla.org/teams/joomla-enhancement-development-team
Security Strike Team (David Jardin)
- Where to host backported packages?
Automated Testing Team (Hannes Papenberg)
- API-docs, framework website: What is the future?
- joomla/joomla-cms has been fully migrated to Drone.
- Several repos of joomla-framework have PRs to migrate the master branch to Drone.
Releaseleads (George Wilson, Tobias Zulauf Harald Leithner)
* Releaselead 3.10 (Tobias Zulauf):
- The upgrade paths from 3.10-alpha1 to 4.0-beta4-dev as well as any newer 4.0-beta have been broken by the child template feature merged.
- A workaround has been implemented into 3.10-alpha2-dev onwards so upgrades from 3.10-alpha2(-dev) to 4.0-beta4(-dev) are possible again as well as 3.10-alpha1 to 3.10-alpha2 to 4.0-beta4.
- We are in the preparations for an 3.10-alpha2 and 4.0-beta4 release on the 15.09.2020
Bug Squad (Nicola Galgano)
- Final decision on Allow sanitized SVG on 3.X https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/29728
- Point 2 of Other Business : lessphp vs php ⅞
- We will dismiss the jbs twitter account
Software Architecture & Strategy Team (Niels Braczek)
- Agreed with marketing to concentrate on companies and corporations to start with. Later, developers/site builders should be addressed separately.
- [TZ]: I would like to archive the old and unused joomla-projects projects as they are not updated nor used but generate regular reports from GitHub about outdated dependencies. They can always be reopened when needed.
- [TZ]: Do we want to backport combat issues in libs that we ship in 3.x but that are no longer maintained? Example: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/30569#issue-693193984
- [TZ]: What is the plan on translations for weblinks and search in the joomla-extension org? There should be a setup with crowdin right? When this is the case anyone can translate where needed and on any new translation crowdin can send a PR to update the files similar to the patchtester.