Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES - October 06, 2020
Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES
- October 06, 2020
1900 CEST, UTC+2
Participants: Benjamin Trenkle (Team Leader), Carlos Cámara (Team Leader), George Wilson (Release Lead 4.0) Hannes Papenberg (Team Leader), Harald Leithner (Release Lead 3.9), Llewellyn van der Merwe (Assistant Department Coordinator), Nicola Galgano (Team Leader), Niels Braczek (Team Leader), Philip Walton (Team Leader), Robert Deutz (Team Leader), Tobias Zulauf (Release Lead 3.10),
Absent with notice: David Jardin (Team Leader), Marco Dings (Department Coordinator)
Absent without notice: Mike Brandner (Team Leader), Ilagnayeru Manickam (Team Leader)
Agenda Items & minutes
Production Department Coordinator (Marco Dings)
- Google Analytics/Tag Manager, Scrutinizer, Greenkeeper, Pingdom: Remove? Keep? [Hannes]
- Since the Google analytics/tag manager is a Board decision, a request needs to be made to the Board to remove it everywhere and replace it with a self-hosted, opensource, GDPR compliant solution. [Harald]
- Agreed to remove Scrutinizer, Pingdom, Greenkeeper.
Joomla Accessibility Team (Carlos Cámara Mora)
- Working on Cassiopeia accessibility: Some issues are related to Joomla core itself.
Automated Testing Team (Hannes Papenberg)
- We need a dedicated maintainer for the framework project.
- 60 branches of joomla-framework have been converted to Drone, 10 are still to do. Help would be greatly appreciated.
- 4 Repos in github.com/joomla are still not converted to Drone, several don’t have any CI at all.
- https://framework.joomla.org has been moved to Drone badges
Releaseleads (Benjamin Trenkle, George Wilson, Tobias Zulauf, Harald Leithner)
* Release lead 4.1 (Benjamin Trenkle)
- Motion on Benjamin Trenkle as new Release Lead for Joomla! 4.1
Proposed by Harald Leithner, Seconded: Robert Deutz
* Release lead 4.0 (George Wilson)
- No major changes since last meeting. Numbers of issues are still relatively stable and will have conversations with Tobias to go through current release blockers
* Releaseleads 3.10 (Tobias Zulauf):
- Right now there are discussions about how to improve the pre upgrade checker and com_joomlaupdate regarding not compatible system plugins that might brick the upgrade:
- The PR queue for 3.10-dev has been cleaned up. Only 5 PRs are still open, where three need tests and the other two are WIP right now: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+label%3APR-3.10-dev
* Releaseleads 3.9 (Harald Leithner):
- Joomla! 3.9.22 released today.
Bug Squad (Nicola Galgano)
Software Architecture & Strategy Team (Niels Braczek)
- Still no motion about the RfC-RfC…
- Still need a repo for the external framework review...
CMS Release Team (Philip Walton)
- Work and thought needed to make the upgrade path smoother https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/30930
- J3.9.22 released and so far so good.
- PBF coming in 11 days, please join
- Motion: What should happen with abandoned joomla dependencies? (Tobias)