Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES - November 03, 2020
Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES
- November 03, 2020
1900 CEST, UTC+2 Event time TZ
Participants: Benjamin Trenkle (Team Leader & Release Lead 4.1), Carlos Cámara (Team Leader), David Jardin (Team Leader), Harald Leithner (Release Lead 3.9), Marco Dings (Department Coordinator), Mike Brandner (Team Leader), Llewellyn van der Merwe (Assistant Department Coordinator), Niels Braczek (Team Leader), Philip Walton (Team Leader), Tobias Zulauf (Release Lead 3.10), Robert Deutz (Team Leader)
Absent with notice: Hannes Papenberg (Team Leader), George Wilson (Release Lead 4.0)
Absent without notice: Ilagnayeru Manickam (Team Leader), Nicola Galgano (Team Leader)
Agenda Items & minutes
Production Department Coordinator (Marco Dings)
- Create a joomla-backports github org that is going to hold the repos for backports we do.
9 In favor
Joomla Accessibility Team (Carlos Cámara Mora)
- Improve communication among department teams
- Random images module is not accessible as it is and needs a full revamp (or media manager needs to add ALT texts…). Possibilities:
- Remove module from J4
- Revamp module to allow specific choice of images and adding ALT texts
- Media Manager plugin to add Alt texts?
Security Strike Team (David Jardin)
- We had our initial meeting with MITRE about becoming a certified numbering authority (CNA)
- We have been accepted as CNA, the press release will be coordinated with MITRE
- An online SST Sprint has been held at 24.10 + 25.10.
Automated Testing Team (Hannes Papenberg)
- Travis CI is going to be effectively discontinued for us soon. We still have a series of repos using it and thus need to move them over to Drone. Who can help?
- Team Lead elections have been held and Hannes Papenberg is the old and new team lead.
Releaseleads (Benjamin Trenkle, George Wilson, Tobias Zulauf, Harald Leithner)
* Releaseleads 3.10 (Tobias Zulauf):
- 3.10.0-alpha3 has been released together with 4.0 beta5 at 27.10.2020
- Geraint Edwards has proposed an PR for the pre Upgrade checker, feedback would be appreciated.
- 3.10: Richard Fath is working on a NULL Handling PR that we can include in 3.x and on the upgrade to make sure the upgrade is not breaking.
* Releaseleads 3.9 (Harald Leithner):
- 3.9.23 main goal is to be PHP 8.0 compatible
Documentation Team (Mike Brandner)
- J!4 Help Pages already in progress
- PBF participation was good and many edits are done
- We create a tutorial page for crowdin translations next time (proposal by Wilco)
- About the issue https://github.com/joomla/joomla-websites/issues/1348 we look to make the JDocs GDPR ready (there's a tracking active)
Software Architecture & Strategy Team (Niels Braczek)
- Still no motion about the RfC-RfC…
- The library review finally got a home: https://github.com/joomla-projects/library-review
Started working on comparison and definition of drop-in replacements. Current state documentation for all 29 framework packages (v1.x) is about 120 thousand lines… (docs/Laravel)
Work will be continued on 2.x, since 1.x is deprecated for J4 according to our roadmap.
CMS Release Team (Philip Walton)
- Vote and new Lead and Assistant lead Sigrid Gramlinger new lead and Stefan Wendhausen new assistant
- No release since last meeting
- New component to track issues thanks to Llewellyn van der Merwe
CMS Maintenance Team (Robert Deutz)
- Added two new team members: Christiane Maier-Stadtherr and Viviana Menzel. Both should be working in the first place on the template area and making sure we are having a consistent appearance.
- Working on getting the cassiopeia repo back into main repo
- Added the 4.1 Release Lead to the team
- Started the process of team lead voting, we haven’t done this for a long time.
Google Summer of Code Joomla Team (Philip Walton)
- Release of new rules needs to be taken in to account
- Adding 3rd party service hCaptcha to core (PR #28798)
- FTP Layer with 4.x: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/20774- there is an ongoing PD vote on that topic.
- Do we want to define rules / standards for 3rd party extensions? So extension devs have something they can follow when developing an joomla extension: https://docs.joomla.org/Language_Guidelines_for_3rd_Party_Extensions