Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES - January 12, 2021
Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES
- January 12, 2021
1900 CEST, UTC+2
Participants: Benjamin Trenkle (Team Leader), George Wilson (Release Lead 4.0) Hannes Papenberg (Team Leader), Harald Leithner (Release Lead 3.9), Marco Dings (Department Coordinator), Llewellyn van der Merwe (Assistant Department Coordinator), Niels Braczek (Team Leader), Philip Walton (Team Leader), Robert Deutz (Team Leader), Tobias Zulauf (Release Lead 3.10), Sigrid Gramlinger (Team Leader)
Absent with notice: David Jardin (Team Leader), Mike Brandner (Team Leader)
Absent without notice: Nicola Galgano (Team Leader), Ilagnayeru Manickam (Team Leader)
Agenda Items & minutes
Automated Testing Team (Hannes Papenberg)
- PHPUnit 8 is now PHP8 compatible and we will have to remove our workaround for that.
Release Leads (Benjamin Trenkle, George Wilson, Tobias Zulauf, Harald Leithner)
* Release Lead 4.1 (Benjamin Trenkle)
- Trying to keep 4.1 updated as much as possible
* Releaselead 4.0 (George Wilson):
- Beta 6 released
- Nothing other than low issues reported so far.
- 21 release blockers left.
- Language Pack component installed on the prod downloads site. Data population ongoing.
* Release Leads 3.10 (Tobias Zulauf):
- CMS Release Team discussed an approach to the 3.10 EOS Plugin.
* Releaseleads 3.9 (Harald Leithner):
- EOL of 3.9 series, today’s 3.9.24 release is the last planned release by me, if a critical security issue arises I will of course create another release. If the demand is needed to create more 3.9 releases I would suggest to find a new release lead.
Documentation Team (Mike Brandner)
- JDocs team meeting is planned for next week.
Talk topics: teams setup, todo´s for J4 release, technical documentation of the JDocs
- J3.9.24 release: JDocs are up to date.
Software Architecture & Strategy Team (Niels Braczek)
- We had a discussion about the upcoming GSoC projects. Since Niels is participating as a mentor, any advice will be brought there directly.
CMS Release Team (Sigrid Gramlinger)
- Active testing for RC and security issues 3.9.24, we found a problem with one security release and Harald could adapt the package.
- We will have monthly fixed meetings in the future, otherwise we have a very active cms release team glip channel.
- Meeting report from December is already published.
CMS Maintenance Team (Robert Deutz)
- Team lead election done, and Robert Deutz was re-elected.
Google Summer of Code Joomla Team (Philip Walton)
- The 4 projects were selected.
- Teams have being contacted and added in GSoC channel.
- Adding Bootstrap 5 to Joomla 4.0 (going in to motion)
- Web-install linked to JED (Llewellyn as maintainer)
- Msg DC for attending discussing translation.