Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES - June 01, 2021
Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES
- June 01, 2021
Participants: Benjamin Trenkle (Team Leader), George Wilson (Release Lead 4.0), Hannes Papenberg (Team Leader), Harald Leithner (Release Lead 3.9), Marco Dings (Department Coordinator), Christiane Maier-Stadtherr (Team Leader), Llewellyn van der Merwe (Assistant Department Coordinator), Jacob Waisner (Team Leader), Niels Braczek (Team Leader), Sigrid Gramlinger (Team Leader), Shivam Rajput (Team Leader), Philip Walton (Marketing Liaison), Robert Deutz (Team Leader), Tobias Zulauf (Release Lead 3.10)
Absent with notice: David Jardin (Team Leader)
Absent without notice: Mike Brandner (Team Leader)
Production Department Coordinator (Marco Dings)
- Budget time: the budget for 2020/2021 budget
Joomla Accessibility Team (Christiane Maier-Stadtherr)
- We started working in JAT as team leads and we are trying to motivate the members to work on some a11y issues. We have contacted Brian Teeman to start co-working.
- Defining goals and steps to reach these goals is work in progress.
Security Strike Team (David Jardin)
- 3 vulnerabilities fixed in 3.9.27
Automated Testing Team (Hannes Papenberg)
- Maybe improve the description of teams? ATT gets several requests from people who should rather join the JBS.
Release Leads (Benjamin Trenkle, George Wilson, Tobias Zulauf, Harald Leithner)
* Releaselead 4.1 (Benjamin Trenkle):
- After RC2 starting to merge first PR for 4.1
* Release lead 4.0 (George Wilson):
- RC1 will be released this evening ?
- Tightening up of what I’m prepared to merge
* Release lead 3.9 (Harald Leithner):
- 3.9.27 Released
- 3.10: Today Joomla 3.10.0-alpha6 will be been released together with Joomla 4.0.0-rc1
- 3.10: Right now I’m working again on the “last” feature of Joomla 3.10.0 thats the EOS Plugin that is intended to be shipped with 3.10.0. The general concept of the plugin has been created together with the CMS Release team. Once ready, communication via the magazin is planned. Details will be shared once available.
CMS Release Team (Sigrid Gramlinger)
- It is difficult to test the migration of a full release right now, because there are many small issues that are already open issues. Takes a lot of time to search for already existing issues.We will use a “migration issues” label for these issues to find them faster.
- We have a new team member
- Successful testing on 3.9.27 including security issues
CMS Maintenance Team (Robert Deutz)
- Jean Marie has left the team. We as a team want to thank JM for the long time he has contributed to Joomla! and wish him all the best.
Google Summer of Code Joomla “Students Contribution” Team (Shivam Rajput)
- Students in the bonding phase for Google Summer of Code 2021.
- Mentors have been requested to submit the feedback for the Community Bonding Phase.
- We have been selected for a New Program Summer 2021 of Open Source Promotion Plan. (https://summer.iscas.ac.cn/#/org/orgdetail/joomla?lang=en)
- We have 3 Projects as this is Joomla! First time for this Program.
- Student Application Period Deadline is 13 June,2021.