Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES - June 15, 2021
Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES
- June 15, 2021
Participants: Benjamin Trenkle (Team Leader), David Jardin (Team Leader), George Wilson (Release Lead 4.0), Hannes Papenberg (Team Leader), Harald Leithner (Release Lead 3.9), Marco Dings (Department Coordinator), Christiane Maier-Stadtherr (Team Leader), Viviana Menzel (Assistant Team Leader), Llewellyn van der Merwe (Assistant Department Coordinator), Jacob Waisner (Team Leader), Niels Braczek (Team Leader), Sigrid Gramlinger (Team Leader), Shivam Rajput (Team Leader), Philip Walton (Marketing Liaison), Robert Deutz (Team Leader), Tobias Zulauf (Release Lead 3.10)
Absent without notice: Mike Brandner (Team Leader)
Production Department Coordinator (Marco Dings)
- Core Translation Team does not exist anymore as it has been moved to Operations
- An TT Coordinator within the Production Department is missing, A call for liaisons was put out several times. Initially the task will be fulfilled by Llewellyn van der Merwe and Marco Dings
- Next week 22.06.2021 there will be a dedicated meeting on (Core) Translation
Joomla Accessibility Team (Christiane Maier-Stadtherr, Viviana Menzel)
- JAT will have a jour fixe in a two-weeks interval on thursday (20:00 CEST)
- A Missions and Visions doc is prepared and will be added to the teams folder
- Viviana is now GSoC mentor in the Accessibility project
Security Strike Team (David Jardin)
- Team sprint at June 19th
- Security researchers have published a post about a host-header injection “vulnerability” that’s considered “unpatched” by them, even though it can be mitigated with core measures. It’s also important to emphasize that only a tiny amount of sites are running on vulnerable hosting setups.
Automated Testing Team (Hannes Papenberg)
- Currently preparing update for Drone to version 2.0.1
Release Leads (Benjamin Trenkle, George Wilson, Tobias Zulauf, Harald Leithner)
* Release lead 4.0 (George Wilson):
- Minor issues found sorting out the language pack upload functionality. All known issues are currently fixed. Massive thanks to Wilco for all his help.
- Wilco has published the language pack component on crowdin so it can be translated in itself for the Joomla Downloads site frontend.
- No major issues discovered in J4 RC1 - various minor things being pushed into RC2 which will be released immediately after this meeting following our 2 week schedule.
- Discuss when we should call language freeze (this needs to be at minimum one month in advance of stability - as all packs need to be written from scratch).
* Release lead 3.10 (Tobias Zulauf):
- Joomla 3.10 Alpha 7 will be released today
- The EOS Plugin PR is finalized now and is awaiting tests + the final language strings: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/34453
Software Architecture & Strategy Team (Niels Braczek)
- We will use statistics the project collects to help guide our research.
=> See joomla/statistics-server; API is documented here
- We discussed several approaches to improve the scalability and interoperability of the CMS. This includes revision of field types as well as database organisation.
CMS Release Team (Sigrid Gramlinger)
- Short code sprint plans
- In the last team meeting, we discussed the EOS plugin and agreed on a final solution. Messages that are shown will be reworded with Marketing.
- We decided to have RC Meetings always on Wednesday after a 4.0-RC. It will be short informative meetings for all interested people. Wed, June 16 is the first one, UTC 18:00
Google Summer of Code Joomla “Students Contribution” Team (Shivam Rajput)
- We are looking for a new Program that we can participate in.
- We have 12 proposals for the Summer 2021 Projects.
- We are working on proposals to select the potential students.
- In June Edition the article for Summer 2021 will be published.
- GSoC 2021, Currently coding phase is going on.
- SubTeam WorkGroups are created for individual projects on Volunteer Portal.
- Attention to budget
- What's the “new” process for installer language files? Who is taking care of that? Do we now finally accept core translations? If so we might do a blog post about it on developer right?