Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES - June 29, 2021
Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES
- June 29, 2021
Participants: Benjamin Trenkle (Team Leader), David Jardin (Team Leader), George Wilson (Release Lead 4.0), Hannes Papenberg (Team Leader), Harald Leithner (Release Lead 3.9), Marco Dings (Department Coordinator), Mike Brandner (Team Leader), Christiane Maier-Stadtherr (Team Leader), Llewellyn van der Merwe (Assistant Department Coordinator), Niels Braczek (Team Leader), Sigrid Gramlinger (Team Leader), Shivam Rajput (Team Leader), Philip Walton (Marketing Liaison), Tobias Zulauf (Release Lead 3.10)
Absent without notice: Jacob Waisner (Team Leader), Robert Deutz (Team Leader)
Production Department Coordinator (Marco Dings)
- Coordinated alignment meeting regarding translation processes. For the immediate future Lewellyn and Marco will liaise. The attendees are now one one page and moving forward constructively.
- Position of Core Supported Extension Maintainers to be discussed and published.
Joomla Accessibility Team (Christiane Maier-Stadtherr)
- Christiane and Viviana had a meeting with Mike Brandner to start new documentation pages for Joomla4 Accessibility.
- The report of our first meeting has been published.
- A doc with goals has been added to the team descriptions.
Security Strike Team (David Jardin)
- Team sprint June 19th: positive outcome, several internal PRs are ready for testing / already tested.
- RIPS license expired, vendor suggested to move to SonarCloud; currently in touch with vendor to get an interim license during the migration to SonarCloud.
Automated Testing Team (Hannes Papenberg)
- Updated Drone to 2.0.1
- Activated drone for gsoc projects
Release Leads (Benjamin Trenkle, George Wilson, Tobias Zulauf, Harald Leithner)
* Release lead 4.0 (George Wilson):
- Release Candidate candidate 3 due today.
- We will call language string freeze after RC4 as there are low numbers of issues being created around the RC’s at the moment. There will be at absolute minimum an additional two RC’s beyond this to give TT’s a full month to work on packs uninterrupted.
* Release lead 3.10 (Tobias Zulauf):
- Joomla 3.10.0-alpha8 to be released after this meeting.
- Getting close to the final strings of the EOS plugin so we can get that into the PR soon.
- https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/34599 - A change for the potentially breaking extensions has been requested.
* Release Lead 3.9 (Harald Leithner):
- 3.9.28 Release planned for 06.07.2021
Documentation Team (Mike Brandner)
- JED Joomla4 FAQ (outdated) → move from GitHub to JDocs?
Question from forum ( https://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=262&t=980355 )
- New Joomla4 portal page in progress
Skeleton prepared: https://docs.joomla.org/Portal:Joomla_4
- Joomla Accessibility pages will be deleted and created new for J4
Software Architecture & Strategy Team (Niels Braczek)
- Continuing on tasks started, mostly elaborating architectural improvements. One major point is the requirement for event handlers (plugins) that can not be disabled.
- Stats API is not sufficient to get data usable for identifying trends to estimate point of mass adoption or phasing out of parts of the tech stack.
CMS Release Team (Sigrid Gramlinger)
- We had our first RC-Meeting on Wednesday after the last 4.0-RC. We will have another Wednesday after the next 4.0-RC (tomorrow June 30, 18 UTC).
- 3.9-4.0 Migration Code Sprint did not take place, as there were not enough migration specific issues.
Google Summer of Code Joomla “Students Contribution” Team (Shivam Rajput)
- Summer 2021 would be publishing their results Tomorrow (30th June).
- We would be having 2 Projects this year for which we have selected two students.
- Cron Jobs
- Guided Tour
- GSoC 2021 First Evaluation starts on 12 July.