Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES - January 11, 2022
Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES
- January 11, 2022
Participants: Benjamin Trenkle (Team Leader), Hannes Papenberg (Team Leader), Harald Leithner (Release Lead 5.0), Mike Brandner (Team Leader), Roland Dalmulder (Release Lead 4.2), Franciska Perisa (Release Lead 4.2), Viviana Menzel (Assistant Team Leader), Llewellyn van der Merwe (Assistant Department Coordinator), Jacob Waisner (Team Leader), Niels Braczek (Team Leader), Sigrid Gramlinger (Team Leader), Shivam Rajput (Team Leader), Philip Walton (Marketing Liaison), Robert Deutz (Team Leader), Tobias Zulauf (Release Lead 3.10)
Absent with notice: David Jardin (Team Leader), Christiane Maier-Stadtherr (Team Leader), Marco Dings (Department Coordinator), George Wilson (Release Lead 4.0)
Releaseleads (Harald, Niels, Roland, Franciska, Benjamin, George, Tobias, Llewellyn)
* Release Lead 5.0 (Niels Braczek, Harald Leithner):
- Created a Joomla 5 Roadmap document based on Harald's brainstorming list. Suggestions for changes and additions have already been incorporated as far as possible. The next step is to prioritise the individual points; a Voting Sheet for this has been prepared.
⇒ Voting for priorities is not reasonable at the moment, too many feature requests (like fx. an editor for form.xml) are floating around. Participants were asked to add their ideas to the document, so they can be included.
⇒ Philip will prepare an article for the Magazine with the input from Harald and Niels this week, so the wider community has a chance to add their thoughts.
⇒ It could make sense to split the voting: the architectural stuff can/should be decided in this group (the decision is needed as early as possible), for the new features we should address a wider audience (the decision is not urgent).
* Release Lead 4.2 (Roland Dalmulder, Franciska Perisa)
- Preparing a release draft for the 4.2 release
- Preparing an initial list of features for 4.2
* Release Lead 4.1 (Benjamin Trenkle)
- Preparing the first RC for the 18th January
- Language freeze
- Added the jooa11y plugin as last feature before Christmas
* Release lead 3.10 (Tobias Zulauf):
- 3.10.5-rc1 has been released on the 8th January
- 3.10.5 planned to be released on the 18th January
* Maintainer Framework (Niels Braczek):
- Monorepo works locally with actual polyrepo (although it is not yet feature complete), currently documenting usage (slow pace ATM because of preparation of J5).
⇒ In its current state, the monorepo feels more like an editor extension, because it communicates with the repositories of the single packages (the “polyrepo”) flawlessly.
⇒ Question is, if it makes sense to publish the monorepo as such at all; it is not necessary to do so for working with it.
⇒ This can/will be answered once basic documentation is available to make an educated decision.
* Maintainer Docker (Llewellyn van der Merwe):
- Improve the user:group setup of the images using apache
- The test images already using these changes
- Octojoom easy Joomla Docker deployment tool for Ubuntu server
Documentation Team (Mike Brandner)
- Should we stop the uncontrolled creation of pages and do the control via the team? This will give us more control over what is written and linked to the relevant pages.
- Clean Up the docs more strictly? Should we archive all outdated pages and clean up the landing pages? For this we need more help …
- The production team checks a proof concept for a developer documentation (separated from the documents) to make the dev documentation easier.
- The creation of pages could be restricted to get a better structure and linking in the documents. This idea will be discussed during the next time with the JDocs team.
- The archiving of outdated documents will be checked. So they can be hidden by the search, but the existing URL should still be accessible.
Bug Squad Team (Jacob Waisner)
- The JBS has been focusing on 4.1 bugs and the task scheduler in particular. 4.0 bugs are being worked on to aid in the upgrade to 4.1.
Software Architecture & Strategy Team (Niels Braczek)
- Nothing to report (mainly discussed J5, results are in the document mentioned in the “Release Leads” section)
CMS Release Team (Sigrid Gramlinger)
- We had a first meeting with new Release Leads
- Preparing for testing next versions next weeks
- We will focus on 4.1 testing
CMS Maintenance Team (Robert Deutz)
- Team wrote an article for the magazine
- Article being prepared with Niels and Harald to introduce the J5 release leads and asking the community for their ideas and suggestions.
Motion Release Lead Joomla! 4.2:
PROD2021/005 Elect Roland Dalmulder and Franciska Perisa as Release Leads for Joomla! 4.2
Proposed by Benjamin Trenkle, seconded by Llewellyn van der Merwe
14 in favour, 0 against, 0 abstain (1 unattended) PASSED