Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES - March 22, 2022
By Llewellyn van der Merwe on 2022-03-28 22:32 in Production
Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES
- March 22, 2022
Participants: Benjamin Trenkle (Department Coordinator), Harald Leithner (Release Lead 5.0), Mike Brandner (Team Leader), Roland Dalmulder (Release Lead 4.2), Christiane Maier-Stadtherr (Team Leader), Viviana Menzel (Assistant Team Leader), Niels Braczek (Team Leader), Sigrid Gramlinger (Team Leader), Shivam Rajput (Team Leader), Philip Walton (Marketing Liaison), Robert Deutz (Team Leader), Tobias Zulauf (Release Lead 3.10)
Absent with notice: David Jardin (Team Leader), Franciska Perisa (Release Lead 4.2), Llewellyn van der Merwe (Assistant Department Coordinator), Jacob Waisner (Team Leader), Hannes Papenberg (Team Leader)
Production Department Coordinator (Benjamin Trenkle)
- Will ask board to downgrade “Framework Team” to a working group for a rebuild process
Joomla! Enhancement Development Team (Shivam Rajput)
- Google Summer of Code Updates
- Team has started onboarding students, currently we have onboarded around 200+ Students
- Application phase starts from 4th April
- 2 External mentors are onboarded this year.
- Team is planning to have a Session with One Univ. this week
- Google Summer of Docs Updates
- We might not be able to apply to GSoD this year as well.
- We would need a baseline team for JDoCS first to achieve this.
Joomla! Accessibility Team (Christiane Maier-Stadtherr, Viviana Menzel)
- Filled the form for Quarterly Deliverables:
Security Strike Team (David Jardin)
- Very successful TUF project at Cloudfest hackathon, detailed report will follow.
Releaseleads (Harald, Niels, Roland, Franciska, Benjamin, George, Tobias, Llewellyn)
* Release Lead 5.0 (Niels Braczek, Harald Leithner):
- Niels and Harald are meeting on Thursday to discuss the preliminary roadmap for Joomla 5.
* Release Lead 4.2 (Roland Dalmulder, Franciska Perisa)
- We will build our first release with Benjamin
- No meeting with Jacob, we will try again
- Had a nice experience at the Hackathon last weekend
- Still getting access to repos and stuff
- Small feature for front-end saving is being worked on
- Cookie Manager is scheduled to be completed for 4.2
* Release Lead 4.1 (Benjamin Trenkle)
- Joomla! 4.1.1 will be released on the 29th March 2022
* Release lead 3.10 (Tobias Zulauf):
- Joomla 3.10.7-rc1 had been released:
- Joomla 3.10.7 expected to be released on the 29.03.2022
* Maintainer Framework (Niels Braczek):
- Future team structure was discussed, as reported by Benjamin above.
- Preparing patches for release on March, 29.
Documentation Team (Mike Brandner)
- How is the Help TOC created in 4.1 backend?
- Mailing for Documentation flag on GH set up, but works not good - nearly spam
Looking for a better way to get informed about new issues/PR for documentation and make them to a good workflow
- Team reorganisation:
Left the team: Sandra Decoux, Tom Hutchison, new member: Dieter Ziller
- No participation in GsoD this year, but we prepare us better for the next
- Mediawiki was updated successfully to the latest version
- Joomla Community Magazine March Issue - Interview with the Documentation team is online
Software Architecture & Strategy Team (Niels Braczek)
- Discussed how to define our team’s goals - we have an agreement internally, a document is in the making. How / where are we supposed to publish the quarterly plan?
⇒ Just use the prepared sheets for it. DC takes care of the rest.
CMS Release Team (Sigrid Gramlinger)
- Looking for future release leads
- Team Lead Election next week
- Had a good team meeting
Motion “PROD2022/001 - Implementing team goals” passed.
- target date for the definition of the first goals: June, 30th 2022
- Target date for fulfilling first goals: September, 30th 2022