Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES - May 17, 2022
Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES
- May 17, 2022
Participants: Benjamin Trenkle (Department Coordinator), David Jardin (Team Leader), Hannes Papenberg (Team Leader), Harald Leithner (Release Lead 5.0), Roland Dalmulder (Release Lead 4.2), Christiane Maier-Stadtherr (Team Leader), Viviana Menzel (Assistant Team Leader), Llewellyn van der Merwe (Assistant Department Coordinator), Sigrid Gramlinger (Team Leader), Shivam Rajput (Team Leader), Philip Walton (Marketing Liaison), Robert Deutz (Team Leader), Tobias Zulauf (Release Lead 3.10)
Absent: Niels Braczek (Team Leader), Jacob Waisner (Team Leader), Franciska Perisa (Release Lead 4.2), Mike Brandner (Team Leader)
Production Department Coordinator (Benjamin Trenkle)
- The New treasurer is needed, if someone knows someone…
- Please vote on all motions
Joomla! Accessibility Team (Christiane Maier-Stadtherr, Viviana Menzel)
- GAAD Pledge. There is an initiative called GAAD Pledge of the GAAD Foundation: https://gaad.foundation/gaadpledge/. If Joomla wants to participate we must have a commitment on how to
- Prioritise Accessibility bugs to achieve WCAG conformance level of 2.1 AA
- Publish Accessibility coding standards
- Documentation/Quickstart that includes accessibility in the examples
- Add an accessibility label to Github issues to encourage reporting of more accessibility bugs.
Joomla! Enhancement Development Team (Shivam Rajput)
- Google Summer of Code (GSoC)
- Google will annonce official results for GSoC 2022 on 20th May 6PM UTC
- We have been allotted with 5 slots for this year
- Summer of Code (SoC)
- Application phase starts for SoC for 2022.
- 3 Slots are allotted for projects for this year to Joomla!
Security Strike Team (David Jardin)
- Result of the captive TFA voting result has been communicated to Nic, he started working on it right away and is making very good progress, see https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/37811
Automated Testing Team (Hannes Papenberg)
- Outlook for the ATT
- Tasks have almost all been moved from Jenkins to Drone. Nightlies and update.joomla.org remaining
- Documentation on api.joomla.org is correctly generated for the Joomla Framework and updated to phpDocumentor 3
Releaseleads (Harald, Niels, Roland, Franciska, Benjamin, George, Tobias, Llewellyn)
* Release Lead 5.0 (Harald Leithner, Niels Braczek):
- PSR-12 PR likely to be merged this week
- Reworked event system will be merged today (foundation for deprecating the old event system and move all events to it own event classes)
* Release Lead 4.2 (Roland Dalmulder, Franciska Perisa)
- Still working on finalising the features Cookie Manager and Shortkeys
- Planning to build alpha 3 at Saturday
* Release Lead 4.1 (Benjamin Trenkle)
- 4.1.4 will be released earlier: 24th, May 2022 to fix some annoying bugs.
- 4.1.5 will then be in the regular schedule again.
* Release lead 3.10 (Tobias Zulauf):
- 3.10.10-rc1 is expected to be released on the 11th June 2022
- 3.10.10 is expected to be released on the 21th June 2022
* Maintainer Docker (Llewellyn van der Merwe):
- Proposed improvements to images.
- We need to reachout to other docker deployment providers of Joomla like Bitnami who still only ship Joomla 3 to encourage and help them to ship Joomla 4 instead.
- We need an auto deployment path of the CMS in the Docker world.
- Images were updated to v4.1.3 and v3.10.9
Documentation Team (Mike Brandner)
- This article might be useful for the documentation of the Two Factor Authentication, either linked or partially copied (read: taken as inspiration).
Software Architecture & Strategy Team (Niels Braczek)
- Investigating possible approaches for extended composer support.
CMS Release Team (Sigrid Gramlinger)
- For new features, often user documentation is missing. This makes it sometimes difficult for testing, for marketing, for documentation… We had the idea that all new features could have a short video introduction by the contributor or some other person involved in the feature development. This could be just a recorded meeting with a team member of documentation or release team (i.e.) where features and behaviour are explained. The video might take only a few minutes. Sigrid and the team will try this with at least one new feature in 4.2 and evaluate.
- We are discussing our team role.
- Motion “PROD2022/002 - Captive page for login” passed