Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES - August 09, 2022
Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES
- August 09, 2022
Participants: Benjamin Trenkle (Department Coordinator), Hannes Papenberg (Team Leader), Harald Leithner (Release Lead 5.0), Mike Brandner (Team Leader), Olivier Buisard (Release Manager 4.3), Shirielle “SD” Williams (Release Manager 4.3), Christiane Maier-Stadtherr (Team Leader), Viviana Menzel (Assistant Team Leader), Llewellyn van der Merwe (Assistant Department Coordinator), Niels Braczek (Team Leader), Sigrid Gramlinger (Team Leader), Shivam Rajput (Team Leader), Philip Walton (Marketing Liaison), Robert Deutz (Team Leader), Tobias Zulauf (Release Lead 3.10)
Absent: David Jardin (Team Leader), Roland Dalmulder (Release Lead 4.2), Franciska Perisa (Release Lead 4.2), Jacob Waisner (Team Leader)
Production Department Coordinator (Benjamin Trenkle)
- Mattermost is coming soon (September).
- Election started, please check you emails
Bug Squad Team (Jacob Waisner)
- JBS is continuing focus on 4.2
- Welcoming Olivier Buisard and SD Williams CJO to the JBS as the Release leads for 4.3 to help provide focused support.
Joomla! Enhancement Development Team (Shivam Rajput)
- Four Contributors successfully passed the first evaluation.
- Benjamin and Shivam planning to meet for GSoC 2023
Joomla! Accessibility Team (Christiane Maier-Stadtherr)
- JAT is involved in creating the landing page for 4.2 and supervises accessibility.
- JAT should be involved in the new JED.
Security Strike Team (David Jardin)
- New TUF sprint scheduled for Sept. 16th-18th
Automated Testing Team (Hannes Papenberg)
- Missing repos for Renovatebot: joomla/com_jed4, joomla/install-from-web-server, joomla-extensions/jedchecker, joomla-projects/custom-elements
- Conversion of all other repos to PSR12?
- Regular builds of everything?
- Should we make webinars to teach people the new testing setup and process?
- Renovatebot has been setup and activated on most repos
- Conversion to Cypress has progressed quite a bit: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/38422
- Documentation for testing has also started https://github.com/joomla/Manual/pull/12
- All framework packages have gotten a nightly build and framework.joomla.org has gotten some maintenance
Release Managers (Harald, Niels, Olivier, SD, Roland, Franciska, Tobias, Llewellyn)
Release Manager 5.0 (Harald Leithner, Niels Braczek):
- 5.0 Release - Continued Discussion
- Outreach, Release Manager 5.0 and Release Team will prepare a statement with more details for the next production meeting and then communicated in public.
- Started to apply Rector to the CMS. It turns out that the supplied set 'UP_TO_PHP81' is too aggressive in some areas. I am currently investigating which rules need to be switched off or replaced with our own. [NB]
Release Manager 4.3 (Olivier Buisard, Shirielle “SD” Williams):
- First onboarding session last weekend
Release Lead 4.2 (Roland Dalmulder, Franciska Perisa)
- 4.2 stable release next week (16.08)
- We had a meeting with the 4.3 release managers to talk and let them learn from our experiences
- Reverted a new field which had errors
Release Lead 3.10 (Tobias Zulauf):
- 3.10.11-rc1 has been released on the 07.08.2022
- 3.10.11 to be released on the 16.08.2022 together with 4.2.0
- After the release of 3.10.11 the 3.10 release will enter the security only phase and will only receive security updates until 17 August 2023. There is a great article by Philipp Walton about it in the magazine: Joomla 3.10 enters the Security Support Phase
Maintainer Framework (Niels Braczek):
- After Hannes rightly complained that the repo administration for 50 packages without tools is too complex to be practicable, I have resumed work on the monorepo. Since I cannot yet say for sure whether it will work well with our CI system, I have not yet created a public repo for it.
Documentation Team (Mike Brandner)
- Magazine article is ready about the next activities in JDocs (Dev.Docs, GSoD 2023)
CMS Release Team (Sigrid Gramlinger)
- We had the onboarding and first meetings with the two new release managers.
- Done already testing for 4.2RC