Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES - September 06, 2022
By Llewellyn van der Merwe on 2022-09-10 15:32 in Production
Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES
- September 06, 2022
Participants: Benjamin Trenkle (Department Coordinator), David Jardin (Team Leader), Hannes Papenberg (Team Leader), Harald Leithner (Release Lead 5.0), Mike Brandner (Team Leader), Olivier Buisard (Release Manager 4.3), Christiane Maier-Stadtherr (Team Leader), Viviana Menzel (Assistant Team Leader), Niels Braczek (Team Leader), Sigrid Gramlinger (Team Leader), Shivam Rajput (Team Leader), Philip Walton (Marketing Liaison), Franciska Perisa (Release Lead 4.2)
Absent: Tobias Zulauf (Release Lead 3.10), Shirielle “SD” Williams (Release Manager 4.3), Roland Dalmulder (Release Lead 4.2), Llewellyn van der Merwe (Assistant Department Coordinator), Jacob Waisner (Team Leader), Robert Deutz (Team Leader)
Production Department Coordinator (Benjamin Trenkle)
- Thanks for the hard work on releasing 4.2.x
- Preparing motion to take the JXT an official team
- Motion PROD2022/010 passed
- Motion PROD2022/011 passed
- Motion PROD2022/012 passed
- Motion PROD2022/013 passed
- Statement published: Joomla! 5 - Panta Rhei (The follow up)
Bug Squad Team (Jacob Waisner)
- Successful meeting with 4.3 Release leads Oliver and SD with open support from the JBS.
- Issues open at beginning of September = 720
- Planning on providing updates on issue number progress each production meeting.
Joomla! Enhancement Development Team (Shivam Rajput)
- Google Summer of Code (GSoC)
- 2 of the project timeline are not extended to 14th November
- 2 projects are in the final evaluation now.
Joomla! Accessibility Team (Christiane Maier-Stadtherr, Viviana Menzel)
- PSR12 - Spaces instead of tabs are less accessible https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/discussions/38408
We could make a motion if we can go back to tabs instead of spaces maybe in version 5.0.
But Joomla is (voting) member in PHP-FIG (the group behind PHP coding standards) https://www.php-fig.org/personnel/
Maybe we can influence them to change to tabs (https://alexandersandberg.com/articles/default-to-tabs-instead-of-spaces-for-an-accessible-first-environment/ )
- JAT should approve any PR for a11y - suggestions?
There are automatic tests https://github.com/marketplace/axe-linter
Automated Testing Team (Hannes Papenberg)
- System tests have been switched from Codeception to Cypress. Tests need to be made more stable and resilient, which is still work in progress.
Release Managers (Harald, Niels, Olivier, SD, Roland, Franciska, Tobias, Llewellyn)
Release Manager 4.3 (Olivier Buisard, Shirielle “SD” Williams):
Since the last meeting we've:
- Completed Marketing team tasks:
- Release Manager Interview
- Selected Release Name: Bora (better)
- Selected Release Color: Purple
- Discussions held:
- JBS team - how we can work together
- GSoC - review of schema.org changes
- Github Drone walkthrough
- Connected with developers for PRs for 4.3.
- Upcoming Discussions
- UX Team
- Accessibility Team
Quick note about activity timing: We are several hours behind, with lots of discussions and requests happening during our sleeping hours. The timing for the up merging is such that when the team awakes on Sunday morning, their time, it is complete.
Documentation Team (Mike Brandner)
- positive response to magazine article
- some requests to support from community
Software Architecture & Strategy Team (Niels Braczek)
- We need to make the RFC process more accepted. In the not too distant future, the process must be mandatory so that the product meets our own quality expectations and those of the users. It is not acceptable that half-baked features are still implemented and have to be improved "on the fly". Some measures could be
- Promote the RFC process, so userland is aware of it
- Links on the joomla.org pages
- Make it mandatory for GSoC projects