Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES - October 18, 2022
Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES
- October 18, 2022
Participants: Benjamin Trenkle (Department Coordinator), David Jardin (Team Leader), Mike Brandner (Team Leader), Olivier Buisard (Release Manager 4.3), Franciska Perisa (Release Lead 4.2), Christiane Maier-Stadtherr (Team Leader), Crystal Dionysopoulos (Team Leader), Llewellyn van der Merwe (Assistant Department Coordinator), Jacob Waisner (Team Leader), Niels Braczek (Team Leader), Sigrid Gramlinger (Team Leader), Shivam Rajput (Team Leader), Philip Walton (Marketing Liaison), Robert Deutz (Team Leader), Tobias Zulauf (Release Lead 3.10), Shirielle “SD” Williams (Release Manager 4.3)
Absent: Hannes Papenberg (Team Leader), Harald Leithner (Release Lead 5.0), Viviana Menzel (Assistant Team Leader), Roland Dalmulder (Release Lead 4.2)
Production Department Coordinator (Benjamin Trenkle)
- Welcome new team lead Crystal Dionysopoulos (JXT)
- Contact inactive members and reactivate or remove them
Bug Squad Team (Jacob Waisner)
- Total Issues - 775
- 64 issues closed in the past 30 days
- 57 new issues still open in the past 30 days
- Welcome new member Martin Kopp!
Joomla! Enhancement Development Team (Shivam Rajput)
- Google Summer of Code (GSoC)
- Gsoc 2 Projects are in an extended deadline period.
- Students are reaching out for GSoC 2023.
- I will be planning a meeting in coming weeks to strategize the same.
Joomla! Experience Team (Crystal Dionysopoulos)
- JXT Goals and how we will fit in to the Production Department
- Long-term location of Joomla strategy and research documents. (Roadmap, personas, etc.)
- We are working on setting up the strategic and practical foundation needed for the JXT to work effectively.
Security Strike Team (David Jardin)
- Tobias will attend the CVE Services 2.1 Workshop on behalf of Joomla
CMS Release Team (Sigrid Gramlinger)
- We are improving the process for testers for Release Candidates, further discussion in the team meeting tomorrow.
- We are discussing how we can support ATT with creating tests.
Release Managers (Harald, Niels, Olivier, SD, Roland, Franciska, Tobias, Llewellyn)
Release Manager 4.3 (Olivier Buisard, Shirielle “SD” Williams):
- Continuing to update documentation
- Continuing to connect with developers for features for release
- Continuing to identify and connect with potential testers
Release Lead 3.10 (Tobias Zulauf):
- About that Chunked Downloads thing we discussed last meeting I am still awaiting the agreed feedback so we can post a public update on the status:
Maintainer Framework (Niels Braczek):
- Preparation of Framework 3 is ongoing. To make more progress in a shorter time, a sprint could be helpful.
Maintainer Docker (Llewellyn van der Merwe):
- Adding Postgresql Support to the Joomla Images.
Documentation Team (Mike Brandner)
- We are working on better documentation on how to support the documentation.
- We have a landing page for J4 nearly ready and will be linked on the main page
- There is a lot of potential in the new GitHub projects for cross-team collaboration, both for one-off projects and long-term work. Strongly recommend other teams check it out to see if it would help improve our workflows.