Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES - November 01, 2022
Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES
- November 01, 2022
Participants: Benjamin Trenkle (Department Coordinator), Hannes Papenberg (Team Leader), Harald Leithner (Release Lead 5.0), Olivier Buisard (Release Manager 4.3), Shirielle “SD” Williams (Release Manager 4.3), Viviana Menzel (Assistant Team Leader), Crystal Dionysopoulos (Team Leader), Philip Walton (Marketing Liaison), Robert Deutz (Team Leader)
Absent: David Jardin (Team Leader), Sigrid Gramlinger (Team Leader), Shivam Rajput (Team Leader), Jacob Waisner (Team Leader), Llewellyn van der Merwe (Assistant Department Coordinator), Niels Braczek (Team Leader), Roland Dalmulder (Release Lead 4.2), Tobias Zulauf (Release Lead 3.10), Christiane Maier-Stadtherr (Team Leader), Mike Brandner (Team Leader), Franciska Perisa (Release Lead 4.2)
Joomla! Accessibility Team (Christiane Maier-Stadtherr, Viviana Menzel)
- Joomla Accessibility Statement needs to be rewritten. It is for the Organisation, not for the product Joomla.Should be done as preparation for the GAAD Pledge
- E-mail address email@example.com is available now and should be used in all websites as link in case of a11y issues.
- The new version of the accessibility plugin is almost ready to be integrated in Joomla
Joomla! Experience Team (Crystal Dionysopoulos)
- Classifying and addressing usability issues/PRs in GitHub
- We now have a workspace on UserBit for collaborating on UX research.
Security Strike Team (David Jardin)
- Joomla 4.2.4 Security Update has been released
CMS Release Team (Robert Deutz)
- Had a successful code sprint in Munich
Automated Testing Team (Hannes Papenberg)
- Systemtests are a lot more stable now and about 5 minutes faster
- In case of failure, a link to the error assets is posted in the PR now
- 4.2-dev only receives security dependency updates now
- Phan static code analyser has been added
- Notifications for builds are prepared for Mattermost
- php compatibility fixes have been prepared, but are waiting to be merged.
Release Managers (Harald, Niels, Olivier, SD, Roland, Franciska, Tobias, Llewellyn)
Release Lead 5.0 (Harald Leithner, Niels Braczek):
- Concept on moving away from css framework coupled core to a class less basic template keeping b/c in mind
- Proposing PicoCSS (credits to Crystal) as base for class less core template. An alternative could be our own template or Bolt.css or any other class less css framework which fits our needs.
Release Lead 4.3 (Olivier Buisard, Shirielle “SD” Williams):
- Reviewed changes from meetings with developers, PRs are coming soon based on what has been reviewed.
- Release 4.3 dry run is tentatively scheduled for Nov 12th with Benjamin
- Checkpoint meeting with Bug Squad
- Preparing for Alpha release on Nov 29th
- Any Updates on the Migration to Mattermost?
- Document Buddies
- Call to action: The tagging component currently is heavily broken and we should fix the many issues in 4.3. This requires some manpower. Please contact Hannes Papenberg if you have time to work on this.
- Tags needs a complete review
- Short term, fix the most urgent/important issues
- Experience team will do a research and bring in, what are the common use cases
- Targeting Joomla! 6 for a rewrite/improvement