Production Dept. Meeting - September 19, 2023
Date: September 9, 2023, Duration: 55 minutes.
Sigrid Gramlinger, (Department Coordinator), Benjamin Trenkle Team Leader), Christiane Maier-Stadtherr (Team Leader / Assistant Dpt. Coord.), Crystal Dionysopoulos (Team Leader), David Jardin (Team Leader), Dieter Ziller (Team Leader), Harald Leithner (Release Manager 5.0), Llewellyn van der Merwe (Docker Maintainer), Martin Kopp (Release Manager 4.4), Niels Braczek (Team Leader), Olivier Buisard (Release Manager 4.3), Philip Walton (Marketing Liaison) , Shirielle “SD” Williams(Release Manager 4.3), Viviana Menzel (Assistant Team Leader)
Apologies: Hanne Papenberg (Team Leader), Robert Detz ( Team Leader)
- Communication and Culture on Github. We need a friendly environment especially for first time contributors.
- Motion for Benjamin Trenkle as second Release Manager 5.0 beside Harald Leithner
- Thanks to Christiane for agreeing to be Assistant to the Department Coordinator!
Security Strike Team (David Jardin)
- David will write magazine articles for extension developers to introduce them about basic web security 1x1 topics and how to secure your extensions. Plan is to derive dedicated documentation pages from these articles.
CMS Release Team (Benjamin Trenkle)
- There will be no 4.3.5 as two weeks later 4.4 + 5.0 will be released, all PRs will be rebased asap.
Thank you SD & Olivier for stepping up and being Release Manager 4.3.
- Looking into more automated testing as the testing sheet grew very large in the last year's
- Today 2 x Beta 2 were release, thanks for all participants
- Stefan Wendhausen agreed to continue as Team Lead Assistant, thanks for that!
Luca Racchetti & Martina Scholz as Release Manager for 5.1 (“TUF-Release”)
Marc Dechevre & Peter Martin as Release Manager for 5.2
Releasemanagers (Harald, Niels, Olivier, SD, Martin, Allon, Llewellyn)
Release Manager 5.0 (Harald Leithner, Benjamin Trenkle):
- 5.0.0 Beta2 released today (sept 19), over 100 Pull Requests merged into Beta2
- Still no new colors or backend ready
- Beta3 release next Tuesday (sept. 26)
Release Manager 4.4 (Allon Moritz, Martin Kopp)
- 4.4.0 Beta2 released today (Sept. 19). Some Upmerges from 4.3.4 done
Waiting for the other 4.3.4 PR Rebases to be done tomorrow
- 4.4 Beta 3 synchroneous with 5.0
Maintainer Docker (Llewellyn van der Merwe)
- Update Joomla 5.0 and 4.4 Beta Images
Spam issue in the Jdocs. Lots of spam entries came from a 3rd party extension developer.
We need to check the JDocs "Terms of Service" page to see if it is still up-to-date. Luca is contacted.
Software Architecture & Stratecy (Niels Braczek)
Call for volunteers
- Suggestion to rename teams in voluteers portal - some have a “Joomla” prefix, some not, which makes alphabetical ordering impossible [CMS]
- Save the Date: PBF - 24. February 2024 [BT]
- Backend A11Y certification. On Joomladay DACH, we got contact to an organisation which could make an offer a certicficate of ATUM as accessible Backend [HL]