By George Wilson
on 2018-05-23 22:21 in Production
- Discussions on the production department split proposed by the board
- Joomla 4 development going well - lots of backend stuff done. Work is ongoing to get an MVP of the backend template - so there can be full focus. Work still ongoing in the usual public repo https://github.com/joomla/40-backend-template
- Looking for a new team lead to replace George
CMS Release Team
- Push on getting 3rd party extensions to join testing resulted in a lot of positive feedback and all in favour. But so far the practical outcome is no one has actually taken it up and there has not been any new testers.
- Joomla! 3.8.6 & 3.8.7 language packs have been released
- Joomla! 3.8.8 language packs are being released.
- The language pack Mexican flavor of Spanish language (es-MX) has been validated and should be available in the future
- New language Cebuano (ceb-PH), the largest native language spoken in Philippines, has been added in Crowdin. A user of Crowdin volunteered to be a proofreader for the language. This could be Utopian effect - have to wait and see.
- Language strings standardization for the plugin httpheaders Implementation in Joomla! 4, Pull Request #20491, is being discussed
- Using language specific tokeniser and stemmer for com_finder (by Hackwar) in Joomla! 4, Pull Request #20391, is being discussed
- Focus on GDPR
- Archiving 2.5 stuff in the near future once GDPR work is finished
- Work continues on all areas:
- Custom Elements
- ES6 Conversion
- Work on Testing repo is currently postponed due to lack of contributors.
- Fixing small bugs discovered after the release of J4 Alpha 3
- Some enhancements done like copy to clipboard