By George Wilson
on 2018-08-10 21:51 in Production
- Joomla 4
- Backend Template merged
- Work on menus required (remove submenu, refactor main menu)
- More work on adhering to specifications required
- Medium term plan to close the 40-backend-template repo and consolidate into the main repo now (all PRs now going to the main repo)
- No longer an installable repo as per the vote in May (nightlies are still installable)
- Resumed working on Documentation of b/c breaks + the new plugin system
- Workflows merged
- Focus for next month or so is finalising workflow concepts and stabilizing the rest of the CMS.
- New alpha over next few days once initial workflow issues get solved
- Working on trying to get testing platform setup on Rochen infra
- George will code review the privacy plugin this weekend so we can merge that for 3.9
- Next weekend George and Brian Teeman are doing a 2 man issue tracker cleanup sprint in London.
- Michael has set us up a Jenkins instance as the old one was having issues (e.g. it’s PHP version was too low to do Joomla 4 builds). It’s doing the CMS nightly builds and some deploys to our subdomains for now.
- Discussion about paying for AppVeyor to decrease CI time. This will get raised with the board.
- Added caching for the drone testing setup, which has saved a few minutes on each build
- Did some more optimisations on the CI Setup
CMS Release Team
- Obvious issues with 3.8.9 and 3.8.10 but 3.8.11 seems to have been smoother and a few issues that were reported in forums and git were just out of date templates etc and not Joomla’s issue
- Work ongoing on 3.8 and 3.9 help screens
- GSoC Projects last week starting, focus on completion of documentation.
- Final results still not clear, will be clear once the Evaluations are complete.
- Decision for GSOC Admins to attend Mentor summit for 2018, after mentors were exclusively sent last year
- Discussion about potentially restructuring the media/overrides directory to optimise paths for Service Workers
- Fighting with IE 11 promise issues
- Small bug fixes merged into upstream
- The ‘audit and testing’ subgroup is working on J4 testing. They found ~25 issues
- These issues will be fixed by the ‘implementation’ subgroup and PR will be produce for each fix
- Thanks to Brian Teeman for all the work he’s been doing on accessibility in the main repo
- Merged into Joomla 4
- Needs some bug fixing/refactoring & upgrade of JS
- Initial Priority is to fix the archived state by allowing each extension to choose what publishing states (conditions) are available.
- Discussions to be had about moving this to a state machine rather than specifically just a content publishing state machine
- Discussions to be had about how workflows should interact with associated categories/articles