Programs Department Meeting - 25th February 2020
Participants: Jaz Parkyn, Chris Keen, Vikas Pisal, Davide Messia (invited guest)
- Meeting brought forward by one week so that a department meeting will take place during the VET team lead handover. Usual schedule of the first Tuesday of each month will then resume.
- Jaz welcomed Davide Messia as the new team leader of VET and shared history of the team and explained some responsibilities about his new role.
- Short review about the Forum for the Future event and progress on the proposals.
The JCP last met on 29th January 2020. THe report is available here:
https://volunteers.joomla.org/teams/certification-team/reports/1161-jcp-team-meeting-january-29th-2020 The next team meeting is tomorrow 26th February 2020.
We have reviewed our ‘open’ positions within JCP. Two have been removed (Operations and Marketing roles) and the others are still being reviewed.
For the site migration options are being explored for the implementation of the Certified Users Directory.
Exam Platform testing is ongoing, the question language strings have been added and the connection between components is being improved.
- General discussions about the new Content Creator Exam have begun, and will be explored further when the exam platform has progressed.
- Davide Messia has now been elected as the new team leader and will officially take his new role on March 1st 2020.
- Vikas handed over a number of documents to Davide.
- Davide had a number of questions for Jaz and Chris and now has lots of information to hand and is ready to get stuck into his new role.